S.O.s That Came Around—and *Then* Some...

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
YT is rife with vids about people whose S.O.s were dead-set against some particular pet, then became that pet's main person.
We're kinda going through that now; when I wanted to get back into reptiles, my Missus had 2 conditions:
1. NO SNAKES!
2. They'd be 100% MY responsibility (feeding, cleaning up ?, handling, and everything else—even if/when I got sick).

To be fair & honest, she does take care of the plants (her thing). He just ate the last of 3 living stones this morning.

Well, it took 8 months for here to even touch Ol' Stinkeye; she thought it was like petting concrete.
It took another couple months until she'd actually hold him for a second ("But he's so squirmy!")
Now, he spends more time "chilling" with her than he does with me; she asks every day if he's ? yet (so she can pick him up without concern), then takes him out to her quilting studio to spend hours with her... She still doesn't want to feed him, etc. so it's kinda like she's enjoying co-opting all the perks, while leaving me with all the ? jobs—both figuratively and literally.

So I'm a little curious if anyone else here has experience with (or been victim of) this phenomenon. Has anyone's S.O. been standoffish about any pet(s) (not just reptiles) in your life, and then come around way more than you expected they ever would? I'm hoping this'll be fun! :p

Back
Top Bottom