runny urate

Grizz

i have been feeding my cham hornworms and silk worms alot lately. to help with the mild dehydration he had from reptaid. his urate has been runny, but his poo is dark and solid. is this normal? i have also seen him under the dripper with his mouth open letting water drip right into it. his urate is totaly white no yellow or orange at all. today it was a little thicker, i fed him only crix yesterday. does this mean he has too much mosture? previous to reptaid his urate was allways in one strand, kinda like oil paint strait out of the tube.

i am lucky in that aspect. my cham will eat anything that moves and some things that dont move( polished rocks in his plant, i had to remove because he tried to eat them. they are fairly large too.) he saw his first giant hornworm and darted across to get it. it was the funniest thing watching him work that 3" worm down. the only time he even slowed down was when i had him on albon, witch i will never do again. that stuff is bad news. he would eat 30 large crix a day if i let him. i injected dubias with reptaid, at first i wondered if they would be too big, but he is very good at chewing and had no problem even with adults.

i just had a silk worm explosion. in one day they got huge, i ended up feeding about ten to my salamanders. they loved them. infact today i went to feed off a couple more and they ran out and started biting the side of there cage. i have never seen them that enthused about food before. they where literaly fighting each other for the last silkie.

Back
Top Bottom