running probe wire

grccola

I have a screen cage and I want to put a probe in the cage to monitor the temp and humidly what is the best way to get it inside
thanks for any info
glenn

Probes are tiny, just snip the screen in the middle back and run it through. Snip one or two of the squares in the screen.

If it's the exo-terra combo probe it does have a large tip.. If you could take the top of the enclosure off and notch the aluminum just a bit (big enough for just the wire) you could hold the wire in the notch and reinstall the top

I loosen two screws on the side of my reptbreeze pushed the probes in and then tighten the screws back up . So if you have a screen cage this will work .

My cages have plastic on the sides to hold in humidity. I glue a small rare earth magnet to the suction cup with hot glue, and hold it in place by putting another magnet on the outside of the plastic. It's not directly inside the cage, but close enough to get an idea of the humidity and ambient temp.
For the basking spot I use a different thermometer with a smaller probe. For that one, I make an opening with a phillips head screwdriver, and put a rubber grommet in the hole. I push the probe in place, and then push in the dripper line, works well for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom