Running out of content

ccclcl

I can be like a sponge of information when it comes to new hobbies and I've pretty much read all of chameleonacademy.com, listened to the podcasts of interests, seen all the social media and youtube content of the major chameleon personalities, scoured youtube for chameleon documentaries (I think I've watched all the full-length ones there), joined facebook groups but yuch facebook, trolled the cup-drinking reddit, and of course these forums. I find myself running out of content and youtube is trying to steer me towards being a general reptile collector.

What's next? I was thinking maybe check out the reptile entrepreneur podcast. I don't see myself reading scientific chameleon papers over an adult beverage at night, but who knows? I don't do well at community-ing but thought I'd seek your wise suggestions

I can be like a sponge of information when it comes to new hobbies and I've pretty much read all of chameleonacademy.com, listened to the podcasts of interests, seen all the social media and youtube content of the major chameleon personalities, scoured youtube for chameleon documentaries (I think I've watched all the full-length ones there), joined facebook groups but yuch facebook, trolled the cup-drinking reddit, and of course these forums. I find myself running out of content and youtube is trying to steer me towards being a general reptile collector.

What's next? I was thinking maybe check out the reptile entrepreneur podcast. I don't see myself reading scientific chameleon papers over an adult beverage at night, but who knows? I don't do well at community-ing but thought I'd seek your wise suggestions
I'm the same way - I can't get my hands on enough information, love reading it all/watching it all, and am worried that I may soon run out of new chameleon-related information. When I get into a new pet or hobby I am in ALL THE WAY.
Sue

Since you have asked, and I claim to be no expert. Maybe get to know individual species and sub-species of critters.
I enjoy learning but even more is experiencing them personally and learning the next level.
Example: I watch youtube on the Regal Jumping spider-- Purchased a pair last year and watched all their rituals. Then I place them in a container and watched/videoed the mating dance (fascinating). the male lived a few more weeks as expected, and the female made a nest and laid her eggs. Then waited for the eggs to hatch.
Something like that--
Then found the red one while hiking Cardinal Jumping Spider-
So-- maybe this will help. Our hobbies are our own personal journey.
After all that I gave everything away. On to the next project--- So been doing the tadpole thing now. Just chilling

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_144237.jpg
    IMG_20201103_144237.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20201017_141318 (2).jpg
    IMG_20201017_141318 (2).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20210120_173835266.jpg
    PXL_20210120_173835266.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20201105_093409~2.jpg
    IMG_20201105_093409~2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 85
  • PXL_20210216_164414611.jpg
    PXL_20210216_164414611.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20210304_183228960 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210304_183228960 (1).jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
What's next?
Another chameleon?
Different species?
Mate for your current?
Been through/join ARAV?
Chameleon Education & Outreach, Inc.
Start a chameleon Rescue?
https://www.justice.gov/enrd/operation-chameleon
Build a custom DIY enclosure?

There are scientific papers (Google Scholar) and there are scientific articles; IME, it's the former that can be dry and incomprehensible (unless you're kinyonga 😁 )
https://www.the-scientist.com/tag/chameleon

Can/do you write?

Last edited:
Since you have asked, and I claim to be no expert. Maybe get to know individual species and sub-species of critters.
I enjoy learning but even more is experiencing them personally and learning the next level.
Example: I watch youtube on the Regal Jumping spider-- Purchased a pair last year and watched all their rituals. Then I place them in a container and watched/videoed the mating dance (fascinating). the male lived a few more weeks as expected, and the female made a nest and laid her eggs. Then waited for the eggs to hatch.
Something like that--
Then found the red one while hiking Cardinal Jumping Spider-
So-- maybe this will help. Our hobbies are our own personal journey.
After all that I gave everything away. On to the next project--- So been doing the tadpole thing now. Just chilling
You are an interesting person with all of your experience in so many different animals! I’m amazed!

Back
Top Bottom