Rubbery jaw

RicoTheChem

I have noticed my juv veiled's jaw has been rather flimsy and rubbery. When i was reading on chameleon sicknesses that was a sign of MBD. she doesnt have deformed limbs but shes only 90 days old. I use 1 uv-b light and 1 daytime blue light along with a regular house light. i feed her about 5-10 crickets a day along with meal and wax worms dusted in repti-vite and reptical . it is also very hot and humid outside and sometimes cold so i cant take her outside much.The cage is a 16×16×30 retibreeze its usualy 75-80 degrees in my room. 005.JPG 003.JPG

Hi, from the pics i dont see any signs of mbd. The lips in the second picture is just the chameleon eating (its normal for them to contort/maneuver their lips).

Hi, from the pics i dont see any signs of mbd. The lips in the second picture is just the chameleon eating (its normal for them to contort/maneuver their lips).

Earlier she was sneezing but not making sound. its was almost like a tiny quick nod. She also sometimes has short tremors where she opens here jaw wide and shakes. Ive read these are all signs of MBD. I also just noticed this 006.JPG

It sounds like it could be the early stages of MBD. I had a Jackson that I took to the vet, and he had no outward signs of MBD, but the vet gently squeezed his lower jaw which was just the slightest bit flexible. It should be 100% rigid. To correct it, I upped his calcium with D3 for a while until he recovered. I would suggest that you take your cham to the vet if you can, to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom