rotten teeth??

diablocham

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

ambilobe,male,2 years and half old,been with me about 10months
hand: 1 a week
superworms and cricks (eating oatmeal,carrots)
repti-calcium,reptivite (zoo med) 1 week
spray water every hour and half
fecal des: black,orange and white ( nothing diff),not been tested for parasites
screen cage 24x24x36
heat lamp,uvb,uva
low traffic area

problem:
about 2 months i notice he had brownish stuff on his mouth,looks like flakes,so i though i could be mouth root,so i bought a over counter medicine,it didnt work,,and now that im not give him anything,,the flakes dissapear but still has a brown color on teeth, i want to know if this normal?

Some chams seem to have browner teeth than others. But if there was stuff flaking off the teeth that's different. A rotted tooth wouldn't flake, it would most likely turn black and fall out and there would probably be swelling and redness at the root of the tooth. I don't know if chams have teeth with live roots like mammals do.

probably u can see the light brown on teeth

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 229
from what i understand chams dont have actual teeth. it is one big bone with a serrated edge, the teeth we see. WARNING: I could be very wrong lol.

Back
Top Bottom