Rodney's setup with ??

sp33d

Hi everyone.

I just bought a shelve system from home depot and added a drainage setup.

I also added a water heater to the mist king resevoir, what temp should I set the resevoir too?

Thanks
sp

Attachments

• 100_1833.jpg
    100_1833.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_1834.jpg
    100_1834.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 171
What kind of water heater are you using?

Also.. What kind of bulb is in that fixture? How are you providing UV?

What kind of heater did you get? If you got an aquairium heater set it to max temp. They only go to 90 degrees or so. How cold is the room? I dont use a heater since its about 76 in thier room during the day and the water is about the same. When the mistking automizes the water there isnt much for the heat to hold onto, as opposed to a larger drip of water. Set it to 90 if you can. You could go up to 110 if you wanted, but I don't think you will see that much of a difference in output temp, mabey 2-4 degrees. Keep in mind that the heated water will be more likely to grow bacteria then room temperature water. So keep up on the cleanlyness of the container.;)

-Jay

yep correct it is a zoo med powersun...

submersiable 50w adjustable heater....

I have it set to 89f right now....

Cool beans mate, I think it will be fine there. If anything you just want to take the "chill" out of the water.;)

-Jay

Welcome and good luck.

sweet..thanks

When did you buy that Powersun?

Keep an eye on your cham's eyes. If you see him closing them its time to ditch the Powersun... I personally think you should return it....:eek:

The 5.0 linear tube from ZooMed would be a better choice. Then install a normal household lamp or spot lamp next to your UVB tube.

Other than that it looks good. Your cham is nice and high and all is hidden under the sheet you've hung, nice touch.

you need to look at the info that came with the light i think it needs to be atleast 12in from his bbasking site so it dosent hurt his eyes. i use the power sun for one of my 24x24x48 and it is 100w and that needs to be 12in from the basking spot and i have had not one thing go wrong with the cham in that cage:D

Keep an eye on your cham's eyes. If you see him closing them its time to ditch the Powersun... I personally think you should return it....:eek:

The 5.0 linear tube from ZooMed would be a better choice. Then install a normal household lamp or spot lamp next to your UVB tube.

Other than that it looks good. Your cham is nice and high and all is hidden under the sheet you've hung, nice touch.

The powersun is only 1 week old. I am gonna keep inless I see something go wrong, But honestly I have only seen good results from them...Thanks..:)

you need to look at the info that came with the light i think it needs to be atleast 12in from his bbasking site so it dosent hurt his eyes. i use the power sun for one of my 24x24x48 and it is 100w and that needs to be 12in from the basking spot and i have had not one thing go wrong with the cham in that cage:D

It is just 12" from the basking spot....the stick you see that is the highest is just out of the area the lamp is covering...good to hear you havnt had a problem with the powersun...thanks

The powersun is only 1 week old. I am gonna keep inless I see something go wrong, But honestly I have only seen good results from them...Thanks..:)

What kind of good results have you had with this lamp vs. other lamps?

It is just 12" from the basking spot....the stick you see that is the highest is just out of the area the lamp is covering...good to hear you havnt had a problem with the powersun...thanks

A good thing to keep in mind is that your chameleon doesn't know he shouldn't climb under your heat/UVB lamp. It is very hot under that lamp and he will be burned if he climbs across the top of the cage.

I would move the lamp up higher off the top of the cage and I would raise his basking spot. Since he is young and smaller, you can put the vine 6" from the top of the cage.

These lamps are really more for desert dwelling.... sun loving lizards. The kind that like lots of heat and UV. Chameleons aren't that type of lizard. In the wild the sun reaches UVB levels of 300µW/cm² late morning into early afternoon. During this time in the wild chameleons are taking cover lower in the trees. They don't need as much heat and they don't need that much UVB. If you don't have a meter to set the lamp up properly I wouldn't use this type of lamp. Maybe someone near by has a meter you could barrow? You should be getting around 15-45µW/cm² as a constant amount of UVB at your basking spot during its light cycle.

Back
Top Bottom