Roaches?

Jweezy

I have dubia roaches and a veiled chameleon about 5 months old.

He loves crickets but they stink. I have bought roaches and he will eat them when they move but the roaches dont move that much, I put them in the bowl and they just run around a bit and then huddle together. My chameleon wont eat them if they arent moving, and i dont know what to do to get him to eat them and I dont have time to hand feed him every day, and if I let the roaches go free in the cage they will just hide and burrow in little holes

any ideas?

i have the same problem, i have to feed him each one individually. i have the time so its not a HUGE deal but ive ordered crickets again. he realllly love crickets and just tolerates roaches.

unfortunately i have no advice for you, thats just how it is i guess?

hmm never had that problem. hmm. try maybe putting them in a container that has alittle warm water on the bottom? they might try to climb out but so not to waste your roaches start with one or 2. or you could get one of those $4 things that are for your back they viberate you could tape it up under the container the bugs are in and then set that container in a slightly bigger container so that the cham wont see it. idk really just an idea. um idk if u know anything about fishing but alot of people try to hit a nerv on the worm so it will wiggle more. or like the way ants walk till u scare them then they run like wild. maybe you could lightly hurt the roaches and they might keep moving. ooh wait roaches dont like light maybe putting them in the brightest spot of the cage.

good luck.. if u try this and it works PM me to let me know if it works.

crickets can stink but from my understanding crickets themselves dont stink (has to do with bacteria or something). i think if everyone did a better job cleaning their crickets out and changing their food it should help a lot.

i know someone on here adds a bit of rosemary to their cricket bin to help with the smell and ive also heard of people lining their cricket bins with vermiculite to help with the smell. you can add more vents, or even a couple computer fans to a cricket bin to really help circulate air and help get rid of some odor.. there are options but i still dont like crickets very much. unfortunately our chams seem to love them so what can ya do.

even roaches do have a bit of a smell, but the same thing goes for them. changing out their food more often helps a lot. after having them for awhile and feeding oranges i pretty much hate the smell of oranges now. hah.

i suppose you could look into silk worms?

Back
Top Bottom