Roach ID?????

sarah777

I thought I had all Dubias but now I'm not sure. I have some males that are gigantic and have a lighter color and others are smaller and more thin and darker. Both are pictured. Can anyone tell if these are two different kinds?

Attachments

• P4050103.jpg
    P4050103.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 161
  • P4050106.jpg
    P4050106.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 149
I thought I had all Dubias but now I'm not sure. I have some males that are gigantic and have a lighter color and others are smaller and more thin and darker. Both are pictured. Can anyone tell if these are two different kinds?

the thinner one is Dubia. The other one is not.
I'm bad with Id-ing roaches... but, if i have to guess, maybe the first one is blaberus discoid? I might be wrong here... seems a bit small for discoid.. I am not sure.

You're right Frans. Blaberus Discoidalis, known as the False Death Head Roach or Discoid. Also a common feeder. Probably a mix in from the breeder depending on where you acquire your feeders.

~Joe

Will those giants harm the dubias if kept together? I've noticed some half eaten ones but they may have died first.

Definitely discoid.

If it is HUGE, then it is B. giganteus (giant cave roach), I can't tell how big it is really in that pic, but I'm 98% sure it is discoidales.

Second pic is dubia.

They can be kept together, but eventually one roach will out-compete the other. I would separate them personally, but it's really not an issue, many people keep roaches together.

Back
Top Bottom