RO System

Man that is a super good deal, but it doesn't CE with a tank :(.

Your going to want a tank, unless you have a resovoir that can be hot swapped and you have 2 and a float valve in them.

Mine takes a super long time to fill a gallon when the tank is empty. Then again maybe it's refilling my tank, IDK.

I want to double my 75g to a 150, so I won't need a tank.

Man that is a super good deal, but it doesn't CE with a tank :(.

Your going to want a tank, unless you have a resovoir that can be hot swapped and you have 2 and a float valve in them.

Mine takes a super long time to fill a gallon when the tank is empty. Then again maybe it's refilling my tank, IDK.

I want to double my 75g to a 150, so I won't need a tank.

I was planning on just filling up a couple of 5 gallon jugs every few weeks with it, and quickly moving the outlet line over once a jug gets full. I only have a few cages/tanks to water so I don’t need a large reservoir. For now at least.

I was planning on just filling up a couple of 5 gallon jugs every few weeks with it, and quickly moving the outlet line over once a jug gets full. I only have a few cages/tanks to water so I don’t need a large reservoir. For now at least.

Oh yes I know. The thing is, how will you ensure it doesn't overfill? Filling a 5 gallon tank, takes hours in my experience. Though yours may be faster, it has to do with numerous factors, like your water pressure and such.

I lack the patience to watch it lol.

I know they say 50 gallons per day, mine says 75. However I am wondering if that is a clean water measure or a water through, it takes me 35-45mins to fill a 1 gallon jug when the tank is empty. The tank may have an effect on this, but when it's empty the water trickles, SLOWLY.

So assuming my 75 gallons speed, your will take an hour plus per gallon. Which is 5 hours per jug or so. So how do you make sure it doesn't overfill? Especially when other water use can slow the RO speed. So some days it may take 6 some it may take 4.

Oh yes I know. The thing is, how will you ensure it doesn't overfill? Filling a 5 gallon tank, takes hours in my experience. Though yours may be faster, it has to do with numerous factors, like your water pressure and such.

I lack the patience to watch it lol.

I know they say 50 gallons per day, mine says 75. However I am wondering if that is a clean water measure or a water through, it takes me 35-45mins to fill a 1 gallon jug when the tank is empty. The tank may have an effect on this, but when it's empty the water trickles, SLOWLY.

So assuming my 75 gallons speed, your will take an hour plus per gallon. Which is 5 hours per jug or so. So how do you make sure it doesn't overfill? Especially when other water use can slow the RO speed. So some days it may take 6 some it may take 4.
From what I read the GPD measurement is throughput not clean water output. I’m hoping I can get my output ratio just right (aiming for 1:3.4) and time it based on some measurements assuming I can keep my water temps steady. Then I can just set a timer to check in on it when it’s just about ready to switch to a new jug. Aiming to just do a full day of filling every 2-3 weeks depending on how fast I use the water. Hopefully I’m not being too optimistic with all of this lol.

From what I read the GPD measurement is throughput not clean water output. I’m hoping I can get my output ratio just right (aiming for 1:3.4) and time it based on some measurements assuming I can keep my water temps steady. Then I can just set a timer to check in on it when it’s just about ready to switch to a new jug. Aiming to just do a full day of filling every 2-3 weeks depending on how fast I use the water. Hopefully I’m not being too optimistic with all of this lol.

The 1:3.4 is pretty optimistic for that RO system, they advertise 1:4.5 and that's under perfect conditions. They are cheap filters, I wouldn't expect miracles.

You can, with better filters, reduce the loss alot, and by doubling RO filters, you can double Gallons per Day and cut that it half. That's what I wanted to do, is double up and drop the tank if I can get a steady stream even if it isn't a strong stream, right now without the tank it's not a steady stream at all, with my 75 gallon.

These tank numbers are bull crap too. Here is mine. https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-5-Stage-Prestige-Drinking-Certified/dp/B003XELTTG

It says 3.2 gallon tank, but I can fill 1.5 gallons with a full tank and then it's trickling.

The 1:3.4 is pretty optimistic for that RO system, they advertise 1:4.5 and that's under perfect conditions. They are cheap filters, I wouldn't expect miracles.

You can, with better filters, reduce the loss alot, and by doubling RO filters, you can double Gallons per Day and cut that it half. That's what I wanted to do, is double up and drop the tank if I can get a steady stream even if it isn't a strong stream, right now without the tank it's not a steady stream at all, with my 75 gallon.

These tank numbers are bull crap too. Here is mine. https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-5-Stage-Prestige-Drinking-Certified/dp/B003XELTTG

It says 3.2 gallon tank, but I can fill 1.5 gallons with a full tank and then it's trickling.
Ok yea I see what you’re saying. I was getting my ratio from some reviews and the user manual, so I was planning on running warmer water to improve the ratio by applying their correction factor. Like you said tho this is a cheaper one so it probably won’t work as well as I’m hoping. Well I get it Tuesday so we’ll see! I can definitely see upgrading in the future to a system like you’re suggesting.

Ok yea I see what you’re saying. I was getting my ratio from some reviews and the user manual, so I was planning on running warmer water to improve the ratio by applying their correction factor. Like you said tho this is a cheaper one so it probably won’t work as well as I’m hoping. Well I get it Tuesday so we’ll see! I can definitely see upgrading in the future to a system like you’re suggesting.

Ya these are very complicated. More complicated than I thought when I jumped in. There is alot to them.

That's still a sweet deal on that one. I wish I would have seen it :).

So I have this one too and have been using it daily for months. With my water pressure, it takes 30 minutes per gallon. Depending on my needs, I'm either filling one gallon jugs or 2.5 gallon buckets. I set a timer. It's set up in my laundry room sink, and I just keep it setup. The waste water output just goes down the drain and I have the output RO pointed into either bucket or jug.no float valves, very low tech, works great for my needs. I did forget to set timer once, went to work, and forgot. Luckily, I have jug I'm filling placed IN sink so even if overflows, I waste water, but it just goes down drain and doesn't flood laundry room.

I have this one and running warmer water helps a ton. I get 1 gallon in thirty minutes.

I have this also, I've flooded my kitchen twice when filling up lol. That's just a hazard that I'm willing to take though because this thing is awesome and completely eliminates the need to lug jugs from the grocery store! I just always keep towels on hand :ROFLMAO:

Lol yea I’m in an upstairs apartment so carrying 4 single gallon jugs and doing multiple trips is killing me!

Ya these are very complicated. More complicated than I thought when I jumped in. There is alot to them.

That's still a sweet deal on that one. I wish I would have seen it :).

I just got it last night so it should still be on sale. They have a 100 GPD version too but I didn’t check the price on it.

I would think running warm water from a water heater through a RO filter would cause premature failure of the RO diaphram.

Also, it takes roughly 45 minutes to filter 5 gallons of water (maybe longer with a budget system) Its easy to become busy with something else in that time and forget that your filling a water bucket. (Ask me how I know)

I would want some sort of fail safe to prevent over filling and spills. A timer and leak alarm are cheap enough on Amazon.

I would think running warm water from a water heater through a RO filter would cause premature failure of the RO diaphram.

Also, it takes roughly 45 minutes to filter 5 gallons of water (maybe longer with a budget system) Its easy to become busy with something else in that time and forget that your filling a water bucket. (Ask me how I know)

I would want some sort of fail safe to prevent over filling and spills. A timer and leak alarm are cheap enough on Amazon.

45 mins to filter 5 gallons??? What system do you have! I need one.

Even if my 75gpd was a clean water number that's 3 gallons an hour. Are you including tanked water in that scenario?

He has a 50 so best case scenario, he gets 2 gallons an hour.

I think the 150gpd/200gpd upgrade kits are supposed to be able to do 5gal in 45mins, but you need like 75 PSI to the system, which I don't think I have, so then a booster pump is needed.

Back
Top Bottom