Right time to gutload?

Escalade

I keep about 100 crickets at a time in a cricket keeper and supply fresh food (cricket crack, collard greens,orange slices, and sweet potato) every other day. Should I be taking the food out during the day and put it in at night? I feed my cham every morning at 8-9am.

I feed the crix the night before I feed the next morning (every other day). I leave the greens in there until they're gone or dry out but I take out any uneaten fruit about 12 hours later since it goes bad so quickly. With only 100 you can get away with feeding every other day and there being enough food for them to munch on throughout. But feeding at night will at least help make sure little cricket bellies are full of the good stuff when it's time to feed in the morning.

I put a tablespoon of straight DinoFuel in the cricket bins the night before. Then the morning of, I put DionFuel on wet, rinsed veggies and a few hours later the stuff is entirely gone and then I feed off the insects to my lizards.

I put a tablespoon of straight DinoFuel in the cricket bins the night before. Then the morning of, I put DionFuel on wet, rinsed veggies and a few hours later the stuff is entirely gone and then I feed off the insects to my lizards.

Interesting... I'm going to have to try some DinoFuel after my cricket crack runs out

i actually have a vid for that too! lol basically the females have three "prongs" comming out of the rear end with the middle one, kinda looks like a stinger, or somthing like that, thats the females egg probe..males only have two "prongs" and are usually a lil smaller, and are the ones that "chirp"...one thing i can say, thats why i feed off all the males first..lol:D

Back
Top Bottom