Ridding of Mealybugs

Okay guys,

I am in need of some huge help! Had a massive mealybug out break in Naboo's enclosure and it's really starting to spread. I know it's already gotten in to Gizmo's set up so I want to stop it in it's tracks. I am in need of EVERY helpful tip on how to remove them that you know, of course keeping it chameleon friendly!

Much obliged,
Travis

You can use neem oil on the plant to rid them, but keep the plant out of direct sunlight cause it'll burn. Not sure if it's safe for a chameleon, I only say this from being a member on a orchid forum.
Also rubbing alcohol is good too, just tedious work. Use a Q tip and cotton balls and soak and swab.
Keep the infected plant away from non infected ones as it will spread very quickly.

Green lacewings and lady bugs will do a great job but are hard to come by this time of year. Baby mantis will eat them also but not as quickly as the other two.

Carl

I used a spray from Home Depot that said it was animal safe. I just was sure to wash down the plant before using again. It took care of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom