Rico eyes

MattandRicco

Established Member
Why does my 4 month old veiled cham have wrinkled eyes lol..... hes hydrated super healthy, his appetite is endless lol his poops and urates and perfect and he has nice coloring, no signs of stress, eyes arent sunken in just oddly wrinkly 20201007_151016.jpg

Attachments

• 20201007_151018.jpg
    20201007_151018.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 20201007_151013.jpg
    20201007_151013.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20201007_151011.jpg
    20201007_151011.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 82
What are your supplements and schedule?
Calcium without D3 everyday
2 mondays of the month calcium w d3
Every other monday multivitamines
I gutload 1/2" crickets with apples, kale, dark greens mangos
I also feed him slikworms and hornworms.....

Ive read that some chameleons just have eyes like that......

But would rather ask here

Calcium without D3 everyday
2 mondays of the month calcium w d3
Every other monday multivitamines
I gutload 1/2" crickets with apples, kale, dark greens mangos
I also feed him slikworms and hornworms.....

Ive read that some chameleons just have eyes like that......

But would rather ask here
Yeah they can but I want to make sure I understand your supplements...

So calcium without D3 should be 6 days a week
Then your multivitamin and your calcium with D3 your rotating week to week on monday?

Which multivitamin are you using?

Keep rotating your gutload using different veg and fruit each time you buy new as well.

Then your multivitamin and your calcium with D3 your rotating week to week on monday?

Keep rotating your gutload using different veg and fruit each time you buy new as well.
Yea thats the exact schedule and exactly what I am doing :)

Here are pics of his supplements

Oh and he poops 1-2 times a day

Attachments

• 160209969305093177993290378362.jpg
    160209969305093177993290378362.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 88

Do you think I should be concerend? His urates this am were pure white and chalky after drying up.

Yea thats the exact schedule and exactly what I am doing :)

Here are pics of his supplements

Oh and he poops 1-2 times a day
Ok so this may be part of it... The exo terra multivitamin has D3 in it. So your giving too much D3. I am not very fond of the exo terra multivitamin anyways because it does not have vitamin A in it.

I would switch your supplements. Drop the exo terra ones and buy Reptivite with D3. This would be your multivitamin and D3 You would only use this one 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then the calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

My favorite supplements are the arcadia brand. https://dragonstrand.com/product/arcadia-earthpro-starter-pack/
If you decide you want to switch to this branch let me know and I will give you info on how to use them.

Ok so this may be part of it... The exo terra multivitamin has D3 in it. So your giving too much D3. I am not very fond of the exo terra multivitamin anyways because it does not have vitamin A in it.

I would switch your supplements. Drop the exo terra ones and buy Reptivite with D3. This would be your multivitamin and D3 You would only use this one 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then the calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

My favorite supplements are the arcadia brand. https://dragonstrand.com/product/arcadia-earthpro-starter-pack/
If you decide you want to switch to this branch let me know and I will give you info on how to use them.
This is the ine yoyre talking about?

If so I use this instead of calcium w d3 and multivitamin?

But if my multivitamin (exo terra) has d3, isnt that the same as the reptivive w d3....couldnt I just use the exoterra multivitamins twice a month, 1st and 15th and dust with calcium without d3 every day?

Let me know thanks :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-170559_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-170559_Chrome.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 85

Wow exo terra is garbage, I am switching to reptivite w d3 way more nutrition....

So basically on the 2 days of month that I use this I dont use calcium without d3 correct , as this has calcium with d3 and all the other vitamins necessary correct?

Comparing both and exo terra clearly lacks proper vitamins and amount as well........happy you caught this......its really early ive only had him for 1.5 months so I will rectify for this upcoming monday, and start new cycle then :) .....on both days I use reptivite i dont need to use calcium w/o d3 correct as it has all 3 calcium, vitamins and d3

Comparing both and exo terra clearly lacks proper vitamins and amount as well........happy you caught this......its really early ive only had him for 1.5 months so I will rectify for this upcoming monday, and start new cycle then :) .....on both days I use reptivite i dont need to use calcium w/o d3 correct as it has all 3 calcium, vitamins and d3
So yes that is the right Reptivite. This would be your multivitamin and calcium with D3. You would only use this one 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then the calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

So your replacing your exo terra ones with the reptivite... You can return the exo terra ones.

See if it helps with his eyes. While some chams do not have issues some can with supplements. It is a fine line and when they are young we dust all their feeders so when your doubling up on calcium with d3 this can impact them.

I am not sure if this is why his eyes are like that but it is possible. I have used reptivite before arcadia came out with their D3 and vitamin A formula. Reptivite worked well for me I just prefer the arcadia ones which is why I only use theirs now.

So yes that is the right Reptivite. This would be your multivitamin and calcium with D3. You would only use this one 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then the calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

So your replacing your exo terra ones with the reptivite... You can return the exo terra ones.

See if it helps with his eyes. While some chams do not have issues some can with supplements. It is a fine line and when they are young we dust all their feeders so when your doubling up on calcium with d3 this can impact them.

I am not sure if this is why his eyes are like that but it is possible. I have used reptivite before arcadia came out with their D3 and vitamin A formula. Reptivite worked well for me I just prefer the arcadia ones which is why I only use theirs now.
Could you go check out my thread in cham food plz and let me know what you think of the breeder I was speaking with. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom