Rhampholeon kerstenii Babies

hemiram04

I had 5 of 13 eggs hatch today. These are true kerstenii pygmys. I will post pics in a little bit as I could not get any clear pics of them.

Great news, John, I'm glad to hear they hatched. Can't wait to see photos! Let me know how they do and if you decide to sell any.

Chris

Wow, Rieppeleon kerstenii?! Almost everytime someone has claimed have them, they're almost always R. temporalis. They remind me of Brookesia; such stunning animals!

Good luck with the hatchings :D,

Here is a pic of one hatching

Attachments

• DSCN0804.jpg
    DSCN0804.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 213
Here is a pic of the newly hatched one and its dame on the lower left.

Attachments

• Peppermint and baby.jpg
    Peppermint and baby.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 236
I will keep everyone updates as per your request. This is truely a great pygmy that is not common. I have fallen in love with them. The bummer is that I am having a problem finding another male as I have a female that is of breeding age. I have Nick at First Choice Reptiles getting me one (if they ever come in) and can use this to breed the babies her and the babies once they mature. Thanks for all the support.

Ok, I'll third. It's FANTASTIC to see someone working with and having such success with the more uncommon species! I'd sure like to see updates as they grow, too!

Update- the rest of the 13 eggs hatched overnight and this morning. I took video of a couple of them emerging from the egg (will try to post tonight).

Back
Top Bottom