Rexy :)

RexyTheCham

Hey everyone! I haven’t posted in awhile. My chameleon hit a year old in December and she seems to be doing very well ☺️

I think Rexy is now ready to lay eggs. In the last week her colors have become more vibrant (colored dots around her body, really bright green skin) and she has been searching around her cage much more frequently since yesterday.

I do have an egg laying bin in her cage. I woke her up today and within an hour I noticed her towards the bottom of her cage. She’s not trying to escape heat (no gaping, temps around 78-80 consistently)

My question is, at the moment, I have her uvb light on, no heat lamp, and I have her cage covered with a blanket for privacy. I do have a heater on in the room and im keeping an eye on her temps. I also have her dripper filled with water. Is there anything more I need to do? I’m really nervous and excited as this is the first time I’ve experienced this. Yes, they’re going to be infertile eggs.

UPDATE:

Checked up on her about 10 minutes ago, she was no longer in the laying bin! She was up on her basking branch. I haven't checked the laying bin yet as I want to give her some chill time without some human digging around her cage. I rushed to get her food. She has hornworms and dubia waiting for her now :)

She is visibly thinner. Quite insane how much different she looks right now. But I'll be sure to keep her well fed and hydrated :)

25 eggs is how many I found. Too big of a clutch or is that normal?

I was stressed out like no other the last few days. Worrying about if I’ve done enough to make sure she would be okay during this time. I’m so happy that she was successful in doing this. Thank you all for your words and advice!

Being a chameleon dad isn’t easy 😅

25 eggs is how many I found. Too big of a clutch or is that normal?

I was stressed out like no other the last few days. Worrying about if I’ve done enough to make sure she would be okay during this time. I’m so happy that she was successful in doing this. Thank you all for your words and advice!

Being a chameleon dad isn’t easy 😅
Congrats, feels great isn’t it?! 25 is a good number👍🏻
It’s absolutely crazy how much skinnier they and how we slowly got used to them getting bigger and bigger.
Enjoy your time with her again 👌🏻😎

to me 25 is boarding on the line.... especially if this is her first clutch.... Not hard to jump up in number on the next clutch. I would revisit feeding amounts and double check temps at the level she is actually basking in. Just to make sure your following exactly what you need to for a reduced clutch.

Back
Top Bottom