Rest in peace Ollie, beautiful pink panther

Chamgirl

Avid Member
I am devastated. My beautiful pink panther Oliver died this morning of old age. Rest in peace little one, mummy loves you forever XXXXX

Attachments

• Ollie 1st March 2006.jpg
    Ollie 1st March 2006.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 134
Thank you X
The way I feel now I won't be buying any more chameleons, he is the last one and he was given to me as a rescue. It is the end of 9 years worth of chameleon keeping. I feel a part of my personality has died with him. I only have a bearded dragon and leopard gecko lizards now.
Here is a photo of him the day I picked him up 2nd January 2006. He was anorexic and two days away from death. During his lifetime the poor chameleon suffered from filarial worms (he needed 3 different operations at the vets), other live worms (again another visit to the vets) and respiratory problems and being sick on and off. Other than that he lived a happy life and I kept him for 3 years and 9 months. He was a wild caught chameleon from Madagascar.

Attachments

• Oliver 2nd January 2006.jpg
    Oliver 2nd January 2006.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 149
Aw, that is so sad. He had a brilliant and much longer life with you. I know how hard it is to lose a cham - we get so attached to them. :( Thinking of you. Tiff x

So sorry to hear about Ollie,it is very obvious from your post to see how much you loved him xx

Thank you all, I am finding it hard to cope at the moment looking at his dark viv with no lights on. He was a friendly little one and I miss him loads.

Lisa; I am so sad to hear this news. Ollie was a beautiful boy and I know that you gave him 3 wonderful years with you. My heart goes out to you. Jann

Thank you Jann. It is heartbreaking that chameleons don't live long compared to other lizards (that is why I bought leopard geckos - 15 year lifespan). I don't intend to buy anymore and put myself through this hurt again, I can never cope when one dies:(

Thank you Jann. It is heartbreaking that chameleons don't live long compared to other lizards (that is why I bought leopard geckos - 15 year lifespan). I don't intend to buy anymore and put myself through this hurt again, I can never cope when one dies:(

I know just how you feel. I took Annie to the vet yesterday and it doesn't look like there is any hope.
I am really sorry you lost him. after that long with him I am sure that you are heartbroken. I also have beardies and they are great pets. I hope a some point you feel able to again have a chameleon because they are very rewarding. It makes me happy eavh day to watch my quads when I mist them. I rarely touch them but they touch my heart. I hope that for you again.

For now I am very sorry for your loss.

You gave Ollie so much, you did great with him. He is amazing. You gave him 3 years he wouldn't have had otherwise. You should be proud of yourself.. best wishes.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your beautiful messages. I am glad I am in the company of people that care and understand how tragic it feels to lose a much loved pet XX

Back
Top Bottom