Respiratory Infection?

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Noticed my male gaping quite a bit this morning. Outside temps aren’t hot. I’m assuming it’s a respiratory infection. I will bring him into the vet asap.
Please let me know if it could be anything else.

Husbandry:

Kept outside in a 2x2x4, he drinks from drippers during the day, mistking at late night only.

Current temps are 70’s during day with 30% humidity, and 50’s at night with high humidity.

I do not supplement with D3 as they are outside 11 months out of the year and exposed to uv index above 4.

I use plain repticalcium twice a week.

Feed dubias, crickets, silkworms, hornworms, bsfl.

8957B08D-7FE9-4F01-8FC1-E67934C25703.jpeg

Noticed my male gaping quite a bit this morning. Outside temps aren’t hot. I’m assuming it’s a respiratory infection. I will bring him into the vet asap.
Please let me know if it could be anything else.

Husbandry:

Kept outside in a 2x2x4, he drinks from drippers during the day, mistking at late night only.

Current temps are 70’s during day with 30% humidity, and 50’s at night with high humidity.

I do not supplement with D3 as they are outside 11 months out of the year and exposed to uv index above 4.

I use plain repticalcium twice a week.

Feed dubias, crickets, silkworms, hornworms, bsfl.

View attachment 320241
Popping or wheezing sounds? Does he just do it when he’s in the sun?

That seems odd that he would have a respiratory infection when he’s living outside in basically perfect conditions for his species. I hope he’s ok!

Also one option could be, if there’s no popping and/or wheezing sound and conditions are spot on, that he‘s on the edge of starting to shed. Noticed the same behavior with my xan a few days before he starts to shed.

Also one option could be, if there’s no popping and/or wheezing sound and conditions are spot on, that he‘s on the edge of starting to shed. Noticed the same behavior with my xan a few days before he starts to shed.
He just finished a shed a few weeks ago. have never noticed a behavior like that during shedding.
Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom