Respiratory infection in veiled chameleon

Welcome to the forum and the world if chameleons!

Regarding the basking temperature...although I agree with beman about the temperature for a female, when a chameleon is sick it is likely better to have it around 85F because chameleons can't get a fever.

Regarding getting her to take her meds...try dripping water on her nose tip at the rate of one or two drips per second and when she starts drinking slip the meds in....slip them in by approaching low with the syringe and from the side so she's less likely to see it coming.

How did the vet determine it was a respiratory Infection? Was she gaping even when not in the basking area? Have lots of stringy saliva in her mouth?

@Beman So I have done all that I needed other than put in her new light and hang which we are doing tonight. I am very grateful for your help. Everyone here is pretty awesome. Thanks again!!!! I Will Definitely message you if I have any further questions.

@Beman So I have done all that I needed other than put in her new light and hang which we are doing tonight. I am very grateful for your help. Everyone here is pretty awesome. Thanks again!!!! I Will Definitely message you if I have any further questions.
Your welcome make sure you read through those links and if your not sure on something just ask. I know it is a lot of information at once but I find that is the best way to learn. lol Chameleon keeping crash course so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom