Rescued Sambava Panther, humbly requesting recovery guidance.

I've got two of the dragonstrand cages. I don't currently have the drip pan for them, but will be ordering one soon. I recommend them and love them. Get some spray foam, the water/animal safe kind, and you can really do some amazing things with the enclosure. Here is a picture of one of mine. Can you find the little dude?View attachment 172068
I found him! He is adorable!

Made a few orders today. I got him a Ficus, 100 medium Dubia roaches, 100 nutra-grubs, Repashy calcium plus, a digital light timer, two more thermometers, another hygrometer, and food for the bugs. I also bought 3 dozen crickets and a larger cricket keeper cage from the local feed store. My next order will be a large Dragon Strand cage with drainage tray and a MistKing system.

Operation "Fat and Happy Chameleon" is well underway.

Update: Big guy continues to improve and fatten up. He seems happy but still doesn't really like hands in his house. He seems to be somewhat used to me by now, but he likes to yell at my lady when she feeds him.

The only thing that has been somewhat tricky to control is that perfect humidity range. I can get the cage into the high 60s after a misting but it dries out after an hour or two. And stays around 55-60%.
That issue will be solved soon, as my friend very graciously offered to give me a fogger that she ordered too many of, to be used to supplement a healthy humidity level.

Overall, this guy is doing great now ;) I can't wait until his colors start coming out. I wonder how long that will be from now...

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 121
Update: Big guy continues to improve and fatten up. He seems happy but still doesn't really like hands in his house. He seems to be somewhat used to me by now, but he likes to yell at my lady when she feeds him.

The only thing that has been somewhat tricky to control is that perfect humidity range. I can get the cage into the high 60s after a misting but it dries out after an hour or two. And stays around 55-60%.
That issue will be solved soon, as my friend very graciously offered to give me a fogger that she ordered too many of, to be used to supplement a healthy humidity level.

Overall, this guy is doing great now ;) I can't wait until his colors start coming out. I wonder how long that will be from now...
He's def looking way better. Keep up the good work. as for the humidity, I wouldn't worry too much as 55-60 is enough, but the easiest way to raise the humidity of the enclosure is to raise the humidity of the room. You can just use a humidifier, but I also just boil a pot of water. My chams room is right next to my kitchen. One pot, for one hour raises the humidity more than you could imagine.

Keep up the good work and his next few sheds will show you his healthier colors each time.

I hope so, he's doing great and has some pretty cool stuff on the way.

I found out from Brianna Kammer tonight that the Sire of his mother is Tamerlain, who looks a lot like Victarion. I'm really hoping for some pastel colors...

Grandpa ("Tamerlain", Sire of Mother, "Tyene"):

IMG_0158.JPG

Dad ("Victarion"):

IMG_0107.PNG

I'm thinking we have a potential stud here... Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for some family resemblance.

Last edited:
Wish granted. Little boy not only decided to be sweet today and let me hold him (while giving him a mini-shower in the sink) but he also decided to show me a hint of pastels... there is definitely going to be some buttercup yellow on this boy. The camera doesn't begin to do it justice. He was sooooo pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 87
Definitely some of that yellow coming through, the green is dark, but there are some barely there shades of blue scattered through out his green patches. It's so exciting. I can't wait to see what he surprises us with next.

Definitely some of that yellow coming through, the green is dark, but there are some barely there shades of blue scattered through out his green patches. It's so exciting. I can't wait to see what he surprises us with next.

Oh yes. I cannot wait either. He regularly shows some really cool shades of blue. This was also today. Showing some of his GOOFBALL personality. He hung upside down and chilled with the crickets for like 20 minutes. Then ate a couple.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 81
Little boy had a 30 minute shower today. He drank immediately for a few minutes then went into a warm water coma and cleaned his eyes out. He's still being very very sassy (tried to bite me today), but he's looking TONS healthier than when I picked him up. I've got his lights on a timer now and plan to keep the upgrades flowing. my tax return should allow me to get a Dragon Strand large clear side atrium and a MistKing.

I just threw two fat Dubia Roaches in his cage. He hasn't eaten them yet but he's thinking about it. I'll be repotting a ficus and sticking that in later. Pretty much time for a bigger cage. He's got a dense little slice of Madagascar in there.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    436 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
He looks great, I love it when rehabs get sassy or try to bite.... (realizes this is rather a sad statement to make XD)

He looks great, I love it when rehabs get sassy or try to bite.... (realizes this is rather a sad statement to make XD)

Yeah me too. The little turd. I can pick him up sometimes without him freaking out and he just runs in circles around my hands and climbs my shirt, but he is very territorial when he is in his enclosure. I'm hoping that maturity will come with age and he will chill out and be my buddy and willingly come out of the cage, but I won't hold my breath though.

Territorialness can definitely be a problem. Usually I don't take it personally XD

Update: Mr man is really doing FANTASTIC. He is healthy, much fatter, and well hydrated. He has lots of energy and his attitude seems to be calming a bit.

I bought a garden pump sprayer (the kind that builds up pressure and has a hose with trigger) and oh man, that makes a HUGE difference. I filled it with warm water and gave him a miniature shower today after misting his cage, because he is starting to shed!!! He LOVED the warm mist and actually walked right into the spray and closed his eyes, hunkered down on a vine, and enjoyed it for nearly ten minutes. I imagine that the warm water must feel great on his itchy shedding skin.

His colors are really starting to pop, I cannot wait to see what he looks like after a shed! I've included a picture of his sleeping colors (last night), because they're so pretty. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    496.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 104
Update:
Little man got done shedding in about two days flat, and now has a completely new set of colors. He's showing LOTS of pastels during sleeping and hunting, but every time I pick up the camera, he shifts them back to greens and blues. Silly guy.

He seems to be mellowing out just a little bit. Hopefully the new cage setup will help. I'll be ordering him some fancy stuff when my tax return comes.

Here are a few pics post shedding. Altogether, much healthier and happier. He's getting chunky ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    294.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0356.PNG
    IMG_0356.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG