Rescue

Montium

So I got word that there was a Parsons that somebody was looking to sell cheap and it had a mouth infection that had been previously treated and then neglected to become infected again. Told she was still eating on her own, so I decided to go take a look ( always a mistake on my part ) The second I picked her up the only question was what it was going to take to get her out of there.

She has good weight and seemed hydrated. So long story short, I went immediately from where she was being kept to Dr Mader in Marathon FL. She was turned over to Dr Mader's care on Monday afternoon after x-rays showed that most of the jawbone was gone on her right side. He told me it would be later on in the week for surgery, so I started my long drive home. The next morning I get a call that Dr Mader decided to work on her that night and that they wanted to keep her one more day for observation, fluids, food and medicine. She got the all clear today and I went on the Florida sight seeing trip, yet again lol.

Here are a couple shots before she went under the knife.

Attachments

• 10247247_761400330567562_2874259731909405549_n.jpg
    10247247_761400330567562_2874259731909405549_n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 326
  • 10155721_761423997231862_2596572188027497631_n.jpg
    10155721_761423997231862_2596572188027497631_n.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 342
I am so glad you got her. Had you not cared and got her to the vet there wouldn't have been a happy ending for your girl. I hope she does great with you.

That is so so sad that someone would neglect and disrespect a beautiful animal like this one. So great that you are taking her in and getting her the proper care she needs! I am sure she will do great between your care and the expertise of Dr. Mader. Good luck with her!

Other than needing a set of dentures on one side she looks really good regarding weight and coloration. She's obviously been feeding because it doesn't sound like the previous owner would have been hand feeding her.

I'm sure in a month or two you'll barely notice there was a problem.

Kudos! ;)

Yea, thankfully she seems to look great otherwise. That will make the recovery much easier for her, I would imagine, than if she were dehydrated, thin, etc. Good job for taking her on. Keep us posted.

So the great news is that she is indeed self feeding. She has eaten several things today and is on the same hydration system that the others are on. Later on today she will be getting her meds but I want her to get her food down first.

Thank you for the update. So happy that she seems to be doing well after her ordeal! Congratulations on your new girl, have you thought of a name for her yet?

Oh a super corny one for sure. Roxanne came on the radio when we were headed to Dr Mader's, so there ya go lol

My name is Roxanne and my spanish teacher ALWAYS sang that song every time I walked in the classroom. Lol!

Anyway, she sure is blessed to have landed in your care. Keep posting pics of her recovery!

If anyone is interested here are Roxanne's x-rays

Attachments

• Xray Series1.0001.jpg
    Xray Series1.0001.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 300
  • Xray Series3.0001.jpg
    Xray Series3.0001.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 323
Well, Roxy is up to 184g as of yesterday. She still hates me messing with her mouth and giving her meds but she is putting weight so I hope she is out of the woods.

Not bad, she is eating on her own and I have been leaving her alone. After her course of meds and daily mouth cleaning that really stressed her out. She will move away from me if I stand in front of her for any length of time. So I haven't weighed her or handled her for a few weeks. The doc said she will always have a bump on the side of her mouth but the infection seems gone and as I said she is feeding on her own again. I will probably weigh her again next month, she may have lost a little weight but she is shedding and eating so I'm happy.

You are helping that Parsonii have a chance at a good, long, life. Kudos for all your work. It sure has paid off for Roxanne.

Back
Top Bottom