reptisun vs reptiglo

coffeeguy89

Hi everyone,

I need to purchase a new UBV bulb for Yoshi's cage. I'm currently using a linear reptisun 5.0 as it seems to be the most successfully used bulb. I would like to purchase a new bulb at a local pet store as opposed to buying online. This way if the bulb burns out right away I can just drive to a store and get a replacement instead of mailing it back, waiting a week and so on. The problem I'm running into is all of the pet stores in this area only carry the exotera reptiglo, so I'm considering just going with one of those. Is there really any major difference between the two? And if so is it really worth the extra effort to get one?

Thanks

Chris

I have used both with no issues. I have never gotten a bad bulb in the mail. I can usually find Reptisun for $14 and I just ordered a bunch of Reptiglo's for $7 when LLL at their sale.

i was wondering the same thing. i have a repi-glo and i was thinking about upgrading to a repi sun just because. lets see what the experienced members says

I will say, I do replace Reptiglo's sooner-I get 9 months out of Reptisuns usually. I replace Reptiglo at 6 months.

I have used both with no issues. I have never gotten a bad bulb in the mail. I can usually find Reptisun for $14 and I just ordered a bunch of Reptiglo's for $7 when LLL at their sale.

Another question, do the bulbs ever go bad if there not used right away? If I do end up buying online I'll probably buy at least 2 or 3 and replace them when needed.

Another question, do the bulbs ever go bad if there not used right away? If I do end up buying online I'll probably buy at least 2 or 3 and replace them when needed.

unless banged up bulbs will last without use, aka can be stored for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom