Reptisun 10.0 Question

Escalade

I have to have my uvb tube up high so my cham cant grab onto it, how many inches away from the free range would the 10.0 have to be for it to be safe and effective? Or should I just continue using 5.0 and move it up past 10 inches from the free range?

I am doing some cage construction and will be going with 10.0 only, right on top of the screen.

I asked about this a few months ago and a lot of people seem to use 10.0 instead of 5.0 (despite 5.0 being the popular opinion) because you get the initial boost of UVB which the cham will take advantage of, and then you get a longer lifespan of the bulb as it diminishes down to 5.0 levels and below.

A 10.0 is rated to output uvb 24" from the bulb, 5.0=12" Thats what the website says.
Ive used a 10.0 with no issues. Just make sure there is cover, in case its bothering the cham.
Ive used 5.0 with dense foliage through a screen, and it seems to work also.
Just judge the situation, and keep an eye on the cham.
A uv meter will take all the guess work out of it.

HAhahaha. It was 10 bucks and when I asked the girl I was buying it from if it was okay for my Graceful she was like, "Yup." So i don't know if she was lying, but after reading a bunch on here it sure seems really odd. But it's a little coil UVB. lol.

I have no experience with the bulb you have.
To much UVB CAN damage a chams eyes though. Most who use a 10.0 have it raised up off the cage. Be carefull.

Back
Top Bottom