Reptile room

Uri

Avid Member
Now this isn’t about my chameleon but instead my crested gecko. Since my Cham needs huge nighttime drops I keep the ac on automatic to keep the temps at a good range so he doesn’t overheat. And my leopard geckos don’t have a problem since they have a heat mat. But unfortunately my crested hasn’t taken to the colder temps well and i need a solution quick. The constant is at 65 degrees and 63 at night in his room. I have no other place to keep him. He’s still a baby too I’ve been raising for a while but he’s just not happy with the lower temps. Any suggestions? My chameleon is kept in another room in the basement while the rest of my pets are all in my room as to avoid as much stress as possible between my guys.

Have you tried a small ceramic heat emitter over the top of the tank?
they are all out of stock right now I’m using a 40 watt bulb but it’s not exactly the best solution for the night. I also use tubs for my geckos instead of tanks. For the arboreal geckos I use verticals dog storage containers with air holes for ventilation until they get older for their adult enclosures as they have a hard time finding their food

Is your basement below ground? If not it might be worth cracking open a window at night instead of blasting AC. This could also take some strain off your AC unit.

Another option would be to get a heat mat and use a temperature controller to regulate the temperature to the desired set point. They make heat mats for germinating seeds that don't get super hot but a controller would still be required.

Is your basement below ground? If not it might be worth cracking open a window at night instead of blasting AC. This could also take some strain off your AC unit.

Another option would be to get a heat mat and use a temperature controller to regulate the temperature to the desired set point. They make heat mats for germinating seeds that don't get super hot but a controller would still be required.
It is underground which is why very little heat or cold escapes. Not only do I blast my ac but I have an evaporative cooler to get a little below 65 in the chams specific room as well as to help with humidity. I didn’t know they made heat mats like that. I’m definitely gonna check those out thank you! I was worried about using reptile heat mats cuz those get ridiculously warm and if the thermostat fails for whatever reason that worries me

Back
Top Bottom