Reptile Expo Video

supermrchameleon

Attended West Coast Breeders Expo with boyfriend and friend. Not too many chameleons but tons of sweet snakes and other reptiles. Hope you enjoy! Drop me a comment if you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmrTsAZqplU

I will probably be posting one of my box turtle eating a pinkie and a guy talking about this "false cobra" at the expo.

Cool, was that Gila Monster for sale? I have always wanted one of those, I went to Southern Utah an Arizona for vacation and hiked several time hoping that I would stumble across one..lol I thought they were protected?

Cool, was that Gila Monster for sale? I have always wanted one of those, I went to Southern Utah an Arizona for vacation and hiked several time hoping that I would stumble across one..lol I thought they were protected?
Yeah I believe it was. I dont remember how much for though. I have no idea if they're protected or not. Maybe only in the wild? I dunno but it was sooo cute.

Yes gilas are great. Kills me to see one like that in a little cubical. We have three at the store and two beaded. We found with the Gila the male and the female must be the same size to bread, and they love rat pups.

Great clip of the show. Hope you got a great deal on supplies. By the way if you don't need a permit in your state a nice Gila will coast you 1,200 easy.

Nice video's, I never knew a turtle would eat a pinky. I though they were non-meat eaters. looks like a good show, you were good at getting pictures of a good variety of reptiles for us.:)

Nice video's, I never knew a turtle would eat a pinky. I though they were non-meat eaters. looks like a good show, you were good at getting pictures of a good variety of reptiles for us.:)
Well they're omnivores and he's kind of in hibernation at the moment but I dont think hes strong enough to keep sleeping so every few days I wake him up and feed him. It was his first one and it was obviously the first time my friends and I had seen that. lol

Hognose are rear fanged too and if not mistakened they have venom but getting killed by one is lucky. Love how they flex sideways appearing like a cobra. But I've never seen a tortoise eat a pinky. WOW.

They are poisonus .. but that's supposed to be hush hush! ;) That's why we refer to them as rear fanged as opposed to poisonus. Legality issues come into play ...

Well they're omnivores and he's kind of in hibernation at the moment but I dont think hes strong enough to keep sleeping so every few days I wake him up and feed him. It was his first one and it was obviously the first time my friends and I had seen that. lol

How many pinys did he eat? Just so cool.

i live in AZ...

in 24 years, and 10 years of those hiking, i have only stumbled across a gila monster once....

they are seasonal animals and live underground for a majority time of the year, i would love one as well, but can't own one legally here.

you may own a Gila monster if you don't live in a state that does not have them as a native species, at least that is how it is in az.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom