Reptibreeze xl and Exo terra Dual top

Tazjunky

Hi Guys,

So I will be getting my baby cham in a few weeks and although it wil only be 6 weeks old, im already thinking about its future viv.

I have been looking at the Reptibreeze Xl (24x24x48") aluminium cage, but wanted to see if anyone has already used one and what type of lighting system people have used on it?

I was toying with the idea of getting an exo terra dual top hood 24" - but it only houses linear tubes that are 18". I know that UV only goes to a certain depth from the bulb itself, so im thinking that the length of the bulb doesnt really matter as ultimately it will still penetrate to the same depth as a longer one.

Anyone shed some ideas for me? Does it matter that the bulb would only be 18" long that will sit on top of the cage?
:)

Hi Guys,

So I will be getting my baby cham in a few weeks and although it wil only be 6 weeks old, im already thinking about its future viv.

I have been looking at the Reptibreeze Xl (24x24x48") aluminium cage, but wanted to see if anyone has already used one and what type of lighting system people have used on it?

I was toying with the idea of getting an exo terra dual top hood 24" - but it only houses linear tubes that are 18". I know that UV only goes to a certain depth from the bulb itself, so im thinking that the length of the bulb doesnt really matter as ultimately it will still penetrate to the same depth as a longer one.

Anyone shed some ideas for me? Does it matter that the bulb would only be 18" long that will sit on top of the cage?
:)

it all sounds fine. alot would beg to differ that the size of cage you are looking at is way too big for a juvenile. but i say get it anyways! just get him adjusted to cup feeding. also you said a baby? like how old? i wouldnt suggest getting anything under 2-3 months. but if it will be this age or older, im sure your 2x2x4 will be great. again alot of members to almost every would suggest no compact flourescent lights (CFL's the curly uvb bulbs). so linear is the way to go here. if your exo-terra dual top is 24" but will only hold an 18, thats still fine, thats how its made, it has a reflector inside which will boost the penetraition of your uvb rays. but you can also just go to a hardware store, Home Depot, Lowe's ect. and buy a 24" fixture, be creative and install your own reflector (if you think its needed), buying a fixture will save you liek 75% of the cost compared to the exo-product. as far as lights, im sure you understand that 5.0 is needed, not 10.0 unless your fixture is high up and massive. user's choice is the ZooMed ReptiSun 5.0, but Exo-Terras ReptiGlo 5.0 works all in the same. its YOUR preference, some like the exo-brand as perfered to zilla or zoo-med. its YOUR preference, they will have to be changed in 6 months anyways. hopes this helps mate. and good luck with your upcomming addition :)

Back
Top Bottom