Reptibreeze owners, some help please?

Rex305

OK, so im gonna be selling my hommade cage to a buddy that wants a Panther Chameleon, and will be buying the XL Reptibreeze cage for me.

- is the screen really fragile?

- can the top screen hold weight? example: both lights (in a double dome), dripper bottle with water, sprayer bottle full of water...etc.

-does the top screen have holes big enough to run the tube from a dripper into the cage?

-does the bottom of the cage bring a floor? (made of what?) or only made out of the same screen material as entire cage?

-(indoor kept) did you have to use shower curtain or tarp to help with keeping humidity at good level? im using a humidifier, and spraying a couple times a day.

-did you have to wrap 3 parts of the cage? and did you have to add anything? example: moss, or substrate to keep the humidity up?

I guess thats all i need to know for now. lol

Thanks again

OK, so im gonna be selling my hommade cage to a buddy that wants a Panther Chameleon, and will be buying the XL Reptibreeze cage for me.

- can the top screen hold weight? example: both lights (in a double dome), dripper bottle with water, sprayer bottle full of water...etc.

-does the top screen have holes big enough to run the tube from a dripper into the cage?

-does the bottom of the cage bring a floor? (made of what?) or only made out of the same screen material as entire cage?

-(indoor kept) did you have to use shower curtain or tarp to help with keeping humidity at good level? im using a humidifier, and spraying a couple times a day.

-did you have to wrap 3 parts of the cage? and did you have to add anything? example: moss, or substrate to keep the humidity up?

Thanks again
Hi Rex, I'm currently using a reptibreeze 18x18x36 and have lights and dripper on top. I keep my small sprayer on top of the fluorescent tube fixture too keep the water warm. It holds up fine. I also have a couple of vines attached to the top.

The holes you poke yourself. Easy to do with a sharp ice pick or pencil.

I don't use a curtain but have several live potted plants in there and I mist 2-3 times a day. It goes to 70 % and dries out to 40% on the morning when I first wake and just before the second mid day misting. Buy I have a veiled so if you are housing a panther or Jacksons they might need more humidity. I'd check the care guides on this site and look under cage type and humidity sections.

The bottom is made of a flat white PVC type material. It just rests lightly on the bottom frame. It is a solid plastic type base.

Hope this helps!

thanx for the input. hopefully more Reptibreeze people chime in.

Yes, i have a Jackson, and i have my cage wrapped currently. so im assuming since this cage is purely screen, that i will need even more spraying and such to keep humidity up.

anybody that has to be out of the house for most of the day, have any ideas for keeping up humidity in reptibreeze?

I have a crane cool air humidifier that I place next to my screen cage for my Jackson- But, I live in NJ and it's quite humid - for a while I had a tube out the top but found it was a big pain to take apart and clean and I got enough humidity with just it sitting next to the cage. I drilled holes in the pvc bottom so that I could run my dripper in the am before I leave for work and have an aquazamp mister. I haven't needed to wrap the sides -
I thought about putting the Jackson in my dragonstrand breeder cage as it has 3 pvc sides but after checking there wasn't that much of a difference with it than with the humidifier - and I couldn't figure out how to run the humidifier effectively - so the flapneck got the dragonstrand -
With the three different species it took a bit of testing to get the misting times to where they work for all three -

- is the screen really fragile? not unless you're trying to tie something to it, it may bend a bit

- can the top screen hold weight? example: both lights (in a double dome), dripper bottle with water, sprayer bottle full of water...etc. definitely. I have a 20 or so pound top on it, nothing supporting it except the frame and screen. I also have a double dome light and a uvb on it, used to have up to a liter of water on top in a homemade dripper.

-does the top screen have holes big enough to run the tube from a dripper into the cage? no, you'll have to cut a hole

-does the bottom of the cage bring a floor? (made of what?) or only made out of the same screen material as entire cage? the bottom is a square of PVC but I ditched it for a drainage system

-(indoor kept) did you have to use shower curtain or tarp to help with keeping humidity at good level? im using a humidifier, and spraying a couple times a day. I bought a clear shower curtain for 8$ and it fits all the way around, secured with velcro, 3 sides of the cage. Humidity went way up and it definitely keeps the water off everything else. great if you have a mist king

-did you have to wrap 3 parts of the cage? and did you have to add anything? example: moss, or substrate to keep the humidity up? Substrate and moss are both no-nos. Just wrap the sides

Thanks again

All my thoughts are in red :)

Also, consider buying some live plants if you have trouble with humidity. Really, you should have live plants in there already.

Reptibreeze

Hi, all my cages are reptibreeze. The pegs on the bottom door are fragile, I have had to write to the company for 3. Put it all together, except that door, then gently pull cage wall out and insert.
I would not use and substrate. I use acrylic (not wool) felt, cut to size. It is very absorbent, and cleans well. You can place in microwave after you have washed it to sanitize. Let air dry. Or, you can just use paper towels.

Live plants usually hold the humidity enough, but make sure you have sizeable river rock on top to prevent cham from eating the dirt.
Just my thoughts.

ok so i feel i need to clear something up...

IF i were to use substrate(moss) what i would do is what i currently do which is the moss in a rubbermade with holes punched into top.

im guessing live plants might need to be added to enclosure for help with humidity. i wanted to keep it fake plants and vines, or dead vines only. but i guess im just gonna buy 1 plant. maybe more of a vine plant. (please help with names) and then use fake or dead vines wrapped around enclosure.

I have about 20 reptibreeze cages and really like them.
Like others have said it is easy to make small holes to run drippers and whatnot thru the cage using a small pointed object slowly push thru the screen and rotate to make the hole the size needed. I don't find I need to wrap the cages to maintain humidity but I do as I have them side by side and need visual barriers as well as having something covering at least the back will prevent water from going right thru onto the wall behind.
I would not recommend any substraight and do recommend live plants. Pothos, hibiscus and umbrella are my fav.
The bottom is a super convenient PC of white abs that comes out for easy cleaning and I find the top quite capable of holding lights and drippers. I would probably limit ushering the top as a storage space for things like spray bottles and whatnot. But if the space is needed a simple solution would be use a PC of something like wood spanning across the unused portion of the cage resting on the aluminum frame for support.
Hope that helps a bit

I'm curious, why are you having problems with humidity? Don't you live in Miami?

I can say that I have never worried about humidity with Jacksons. On hot days I mist more, make sure they have time to drink and you should be good to go IMO. To much humidity is worse than not enough, again in my opinion. I only cover one side of the cages and it's for visual barrier only.

I like those cages I have five and then built 5 heavy duty cages. I like them because they are portable. I have a mistking setup, drip, and lights. Cages are holding up nicely thus far.

No, I run zip ties through it with no problems.

I think so, I have a double dome light on mine with no issues.

No it doesn't. You'd either have to cut the screen, or what I do is I have my sprayer on the outside spraying in held with a zip tie. Works like a charm.

It has a floor I'm not 100% sure of what it's made of but I believe it's some sort of particle board.

I don't have mine wrapped at all. I use a exo terra rs400 rainfall system set to go off for 10 seconds every hour i have no troubles with humidity

I don't use any kind of substrate because my chameleon kept eating it I use the bare floor. I also don't wrap. It's all going to depend on your home and what the humidity levels are like.

Carry your reptibreeze screws into home depot. Go to stainless screws section. Swap out the side panel screws for the stainless ones. The ones they have are slightly larger, and will not rust. They also make for a little more sturdiness. The cages are VERY sturdy. Mine are outside, and have survived severe winds, hail, squirrels, birds, me making mistakes of bumping stuff into them, etc... they will hold up just fine, better than you think. I put a small piece of plywood, cut to fit, over the top, when it really storms. But i don't ever bring them inside. They even survived having snow sit on their tops during the winter. For the mist nozzle, copy what dragon strands or canvas chams does. They use a small piece of pvc, cut in a triangle, fit to a corner. Screw the nozzle piece thru the pvc pieces (one on each side of screen) and screen. Will keep from tearing. PM if anything is unclear.

I put a piece of board over top to rest dripper on...it is heavy and I did not want to weigh down screen. I put a section of small metal pipe across top as well to poke zip tie loop through so I could hang plants...again supported by sides.

Back
Top Bottom