Repti glo 5.0 compact and ficus

Zingaling

Ok well i bought a ficus bejamina about 2 months ago with a repti glo 5.0 for uvb. Few weeks later my ficus started dropping all its leaves. So i was wondering maybe its because i repotted it or its adapting itself since its now getting less sunlight. Then it started growing back some leaves then all of a sudden all the leaves dropped and now it has no leaves. Im pretty sure it died. My father told me the reptiglo killed it as at first only the area where the light shined on was dying. I have no idea how it died as i watered it whenever the top of the soil looked or felt dry. My reptiglo is placed in a ceramic dome.
Any ideas to what killed it? Im gonna soon buy a scheflera and stop using the reptiglo to see if it really was the bulb the killed it.
So any opinions are welcome as i have no experience with plants other than watering and making sure it gets some sunlight required for indoor plants.

Ficus plants are really sensitive, but it wasn't your light. Probably it just needs more light than what it's getting, so you can either get a lower light plant or add one more light to your set-up. For example, a linear 5000k fluorescent from any home depot, lowe's, or walmart and a cheap fixture to go with it. I use at least one of these daylight bulbs over my cages and have seen a dramatic improvement in how well my plants do in the long run. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom