Reptars room

Reptar313

Established Member
Just showing off his room finally got everything how I want it. Started a hornworm farm on the side. Had to make use of that damn chameleon kit cage smh.

Attachments

• 3B496EA0-2F7E-4CE4-A0E5-44536700EF8D.jpeg
    3B496EA0-2F7E-4CE4-A0E5-44536700EF8D.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 53
Moths are one thing my dude wont munch on had to let some of them go😒 they litterly sit in his cage and he wont go near them but when i do he will hiss and get grumpy unless im hand feeding him😂

Moths are one thing my dude wont munch on had to let some of them go😒 they litterly sit in his cage and he wont go near them but when i do he will hiss and get grumpy unless im hand feeding him😂
I won’t be feeding them to him. Want to breed my own hornworms. Seems pretty easy and cheapier than buying them. If I get to many I may try to feed him one but for now just breeders

Thats what i done mine too but figured he would like a surprise of a big moth or two lol nope way wrong😂 he will take on hoppers and even butterflies/ dragonflies so whats the diff😆

Thats what i done mine too but figured he would like a surprise of a big moth or two lol nope way wrong😂 he will take on hoppers and even butterflies/ dragonflies so whats the diff😆
I’ve seen the bigger wingspans on those moths can spook them

Everything looks great! 💗
Have to give some words from experience about the hornworm breeding though. It’s next to impossible to remove the eggs from the screen without destroying them. I hung landscape fabric from the sides of the enclosure and used pool noodles rather than branches inside. The eggs stick too well to branches too. Every morning once the moths had settled down, I’d collect the eggs they laid. Also, I used either wax paper or parchment paper on the floor, also for ease of egg collection and cleanliness too. Here’s my post about my experience. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/hornworm-adventure-aka-what-have-i-done.187201/ Oh yeah…make sure the freshly hatched moths have something to climb and hang from so that their wings properly develop.

Back
Top Bottom