Reptaid help???

Anilr16

So im going to get some reptaid from a local reptile-only store in my area (pet bazaar),, and its only $8 bucks from what one of the employees are saying and it comes with a syringe..sounds like the same thing from Amber Tech but is it the same? And here's my question...my chameleon's grip is not that strong, and ive heard on the website that it can fix that...anyone ever had success with this stuff fixing a chameleons grip?

Shoot!
man..does anyone know of any other products I could find that could help my Chameleons grip. He seems weak.

I was reading reviews from petco and someone was taking about their bearded dragon's limbs being weak and lifeless and from using "Reptaid"(from Flukers), the animal recovered within a month. So I assume it could help my Chams grip?

I'd pm or call Elliot from Chameleons Northwest (a site sponsor) and ask if he thinks his rep-taid would help with that. I've had great success with it for other ailments.

Anil, ReptI Aid is nothing more than an emergency food boost with nutrients designed for chameleon that no longer able to eat on his own.

So, if you want to improve on your cham's grip, I would bring him to the vet for fecal check, xray, (and perhaps blood work to check on the Ca: pho ratio).
If you are able to provide your cham with opportunity to bask outside, please do so. Hopefully, it will help him to perk up a bit.

i have used reptaid on all my chams when i get them , and admittedly it did make one of my chams seem a little healthier, but that might have happened just from getting settled in better, but i wouldnt count on it as a fix for anything serious, i just use it as a supplement for new chams in case they are lacking in something that has yet to be identified

I hear you loud and clear people, thanks for all the advice too.
And I do take my guy outside alot but keep in mind he's a montane species(Red Rudis), and out here in Florida its usually around the high 80's and mid 90's so he tends to start getting grumpy(as if he already isnt:p)
All I use is calcium dust twice a month. And I PROPERLY gutload my crickets(putting 3-4 in a container over night with gutload)..could it be that he needs multi-vitamin dusting as well?

I hear you loud and clear people, thanks for all the advice too.
And I do take my guy outside alot but keep in mind he's a montane species(Red Rudis), and out here in Florida its usually around the high 80's and mid 90's so he tends to start getting grumpy(as if he already isnt:p)
All I use is calcium dust twice a month. And I PROPERLY gutload my crickets(putting 3-4 in a container over night with gutload)..could it be that he needs multi-vitamin dusting as well?

Yes, once a month! Probably some D3 too depending on how often he gets the real sun.

Back
Top Bottom