Reposting Boomer Pics!

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
These were lost in the site crash and I am just getting around to posting now. I had asked that members take a look at the little spot near Boomer's spine in the first pic and give opinions. It has been there for quite awhile but has not grown or changed. He shed around it a couple of times like there is some type of stress and it almost looked as if it were gone, but NO it is still there. Anyways, I also posted on Chameleon Central and got varying opinions on what it might be. Bottom line is, I am having him checked out by my vet on Monday. Will let you all know what he says. Anyways, here are the pics from before!!!

Attachments

• SAM_0402.jpg
    SAM_0402.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 237
  • SAM_0392.jpg
    SAM_0392.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 201
  • SAM_0395.jpg
    SAM_0395.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 228
I wish I had an idea of what it is, but I have no idea. I just wanted to say that he is absolutely gorgeous.

Boomer is one of the most handsome boys on the forums. I have no idea what that spot could be but the best of luck at the vets tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Boomer is one of the most handsome boys on the forums. I have no idea what that spot could be but the best of luck at the vets tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Yes, I sure will. I wanted to get him last week, but vet was out a few days and then my schedule did not allow for me when he was! Anyways, I am curious to see what it is. It is weird! Like I said it always looks the same size and shape and he sheds over it.

I'm not going to hazard a guess on the spot; it could be a few different things. That said, Boomer is one of my favourite chameleons. He is incredibly handsome.

Carol, Boomer looks fantastic! It will be interesting to hear what the vet says about that spot.

Deb

So I took Boomer to the vet and he was not too concerned about the spot. He scraped it off and it is being sent out to have two cultures done on it. In the mean time, he is having me apply a topical creme to the spot called Muricin and the culture should be back in about 3 or 4 days. On another note, Chameleons are always attention grabbers and it was like show and tell in the office! Everyone was taking pictures and asking questions, which I am proud to say I knew all the answers to! lol One kid asked me if he was real! dah

So I took Boomer to the vet and he was not too concerned about the spot. He scraped it off and it is being sent out to have two cultures done on it. In the mean time, he is having me apply a topical creme to the spot called Muricin and the culture should be back in about 3 or 4 days. On another note, Chameleons are always attention grabbers and it was like show and tell in the office! Everyone was taking pictures and asking questions, which I am proud to say I knew all the answers to! lol One kid asked me if he was real! dah

Hopefully the spot is nothing.

What an exciting day for the vet office. It's not everyday they get to see a chameleon especially one as gorgeous as Boomer.

I agree with the above posts, if Boomer doesn't get to stud out some females I QUIT.
This boy could be in Ambanja, Madagascar and STILL catch the attention from every onlooker, he's that beautiful.

Wow Carol, Boomer is such a handsome boy! One of these days I'll have to meet you and Boomer since you're close by.;)

Glad the spot appears to be nothing!!!!!!

Now...... Boomer babies, Boomer babies, Boomer babies!!!!! Who's with me?!?!?!?!?

Glad the spot appears to be nothing!!!!!!

Now...... Boomer babies, Boomer babies, Boomer babies!!!!! Who's with me?!?!?!?!?

Thanks Lisa! I am waiting for the results. Should have them back in a day or so. Hope the vet is right and nothing to worry about! I guess I am gonna have to breed this boy soon!!!

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Carol. Boomer is probably the best looking panther I've ever seen. :D You guys are so lucky to have each other.

Thanks Lisa! I am waiting for the results. Should have them back in a day or so. Hope the vet is right and nothing to worry about! I guess I am gonna have to breed this boy soon!!!

Yes, yes you are!!!!!!! Don't you know how long the list of "wanters" will be?!?!?! I'm going to be watching for it,,, and be on it!!!!! :)

The spot could just be a 'birth mark' thing where the chromaphors didnt develop there. If it doesnt change, I wouldnt worry.
I have seen that in panthers before, a dark or light spot where it shouldnt be. Maybe just a pigment development thing?!

Otherwise, that is one beautiful cham you have :)

So the vet called me today and said they did a bacterial culture and a fungus culture. The fungus has not come back yet. The bacterial showed some type of staph(I cannot remember the name!) but he said the topical stuff I am using should clear it up. I am going to put it on for two weeks and if it is not cleared up then I have to contact him, that is providing the fungus culture comes back negative! Will keep ya posted!

Back
Top Bottom