Replacing reptibreeze screen with clear siding??

You're too kind, my friend!
If you didn’t know it, you my friend are on the forefront of chameleon husbandry these days

And I’d like to keep my place in line for a CB F. antimena pair 😁
I’m with you. It’s husbandry requirements should be very well suited to the general keeper when awesome folks like you are able to crack the breeding code

I love xanths. I've never met a grumpy one. Even the feral ones in Hawaii will come off the tree no problem. I think they have such a lovely mild personality. A great addition to a chameleon household!

As for what I breed/produce with some regularity:

Furcifer lateralis (carpet chameleons)
Furcifer campani (jeweled chameleons)
Furcifer minor (lesser chameleons)
Trioceros ellioti (elliot's chameleons)
Calumma linotum (blue nose chameleons)
Calumma roaloko
Brookesia stumpffi
Brookesia thieli
Brookesia therezieni
Brookesia brygooi (seasonal)
Brookesia ebenaui
Brookesia decaryi (seasonal)
Furcifer pardalis (very rarely)

For some of these I only let a few individuals go at a time, or I prioritize sending them to zoos for conservation etc., so things aren't always as readily available as I'd like them to be.

Projects in the works (successful breeding, egg laying) for which I haven't made babies available yet (or cannot yet), but working on it...
Furcifer willsii
Furcifer petteri
Furcifer antimena

I stepped back a bit from a couple other smaller breeding projects, because others seemed to have the species well-covered :)
I have a couple other things in the works that I will only announce if things make it far enough along to have a good chance of offspring being available. Fingers crossed though....

A baby furcifer minor opening its eyes for the first time!

View attachment 324582

I hope this didn't detract from the thread too much, I just like chameleons and like talking about them. Welcome back to the forums!
@DocZ wow you weren’t kidding!

Definitely not detracting from the thread. Very refreshing to see a breeder like this on the forums. Thank you! Feel free to post as much as you want lol.

How is the xanth’s personality? Whatever I get I’d like it to be somewhat okay* with people. My parson’s wouldn’t even eat around anyone which was disappointing because my kids wanted to watch so badly. Panthers appeal a little because they’re probably the most personable of chameleons and I’m sure my kids would appreciate handling the Cham on the special occasion.

The parsons was on a free range in there full time. If I get a new Cham, I’d probably set up a free range that the future Cham could venture out on during the day when I open the doors. Something so cool about having a Cham hanging around like a bird.
Xanth’s are like, @javadi already mentioned, extremely mild in character. And are truly amazing chams to keep, they also not as shy as every says they are. Mine never hides and even comes and explores everything, even my laptop while working.

62C965DC-A022-484C-B4A9-7D86960857E7.jpeg

0014019F-1BBA-415D-8674-9B5E0C749E45.jpeg

I give them all freedom, to walk out of the free range and return whenever they want and they bask, eat, drink, sleep in it and in between they wander around for hour our two.

BFDF0B3D-7CA7-48DF-9F6C-C4AAE307F98E.jpeg

Xanth’s are like, @javadi already mentioned, extremely mild in character. And are truly amazing chams to keep, they also not as shy as every says they are. Mine never hides and even comes and explores everything, even my laptop while working.

View attachment 324583
View attachment 324584

I give them all freedom, to walk out of the free range and return whenever they want and they bask, eat, drink, sleep in it and in between they wander around for hour our two.

View attachment 324585

Starting to lean back on the idea of a xanth now. My kids would love a Cham with horns(they’re in the dinosaur phase), and if it was a little more personable than my parsons, that would make it even better. TJJ is appealing too though!

Back
Top Bottom