repashy issues

junglefries

Avid Member
Apparently there were some issues regarding Repashy supplements. I clicked on page 101 to try and read some older stuff. I read everything from past month, and was bored. They were talking about some problems with Repashy but didn't go into details. I tried a search but only got 22 results and none were about it. Could someone please put me onto the correct path or link. thanx.

Many here use Repeshey calcium plus happily with no issues. Others have had had problems with over supplementation of d3. It's something that you have to be comfortable with. You also have to take into account how much d3 your Cham gets via natural sunlight and how good your gut loading is. If you look at DrO s threads, he got together with Allan Repeshey and the result is Calcium lowD. Hope that helps.:)

Yes as Kate said. Repashy now makes a calcium plus LOWD version. Idk what issues you are talking about but this stuff is safe for your cham

original post(s)

I was reading on my phone earlier, so I couldn't make it all available. It was titled 'Repashy & bloodwork' by ambanjamom. I don't know the backstory, that is why I was curious. My current supplies are nearing their end and was looking for info on brands as what to buy next....

Here is the post(s):

For the past 15 mo. all I have been using for my supplements is repashy plus.It has been a concern of mine after reading all the posts.I had to do bloodwork on monday for one of my ambanja's(will do another post on why)
and my vet called me this morning to tell me that everything was great.There is no damage what so ever on any of his organs and his whole complete blood profile showed nothing out of range.I'm so happy and just knowing that no damaged has been caused by using this product sets my mind at ease.I will also say that for me I will continue to use this product and have no fear in doing so.

Honestly I think the concern about Repashy is kinda redundant. Not every chameleon is the same. Just like us, Your body might react to workout supplement different then me. I had a friend who swore by a pre workout mix saying it was the best. I tried it and I was violently sick for 2 days.

The Repashy issue has kinda been beaten to the point where no one remembers there was a horse.

I'm really glad that your chameleon is 110% and that you will continue to use it. I am for one a proponent of Repashy All-in-one.

original post(s)

I was reading on my phone earlier, so I couldn't make it all available. It was titled 'Repashy & bloodwork' by ambanjamom. I don't know the backstory, that is why I was curious. My current supplies are nearing their end and was looking for info on brands as what to buy next.... I highlighted with red what concerned me.

Here is the post(s):

For the past 15 mo. all I have been using for my supplements is repashy plus.It has been a concern of mine after reading all the posts.I had to do bloodwork on monday for one of my ambanja's(will do another post on why)
and my vet called me this morning to tell me that everything was great.There is no damage what so ever on any of his organs and his whole complete blood profile showed nothing out of range.I'm so happy and just knowing that no damaged has been caused by using this product sets my mind at ease.I will also say that for me I will continue to use this product and have no fear in doing so.

Honestly I think the concern about Repashy is kinda redundant. Not every chameleon is the same. Just like us, Your body might react to workout supplement different then me. I had a friend who swore by a pre workout mix saying it was the best. I tried it and I was violently sick for 2 days.

The Repashy issue has kinda been beaten to the point where no one remembers there was a horse.

I'm really glad that your chameleon is 110% and that you will continue to use it. I am for one a proponent of Repashy All-in-one.

These might be the threads you are looking for:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/calci...w-often-90525/
and
https://www.chameleonforums.com/repas...-input-101541/
also
https://www.chameleonforums.com/repas...m-plus-101424/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/quest...m-plus-101872/

the problem with the repashy calcium plus product (the original, not the new low dose) was related to the product being far too potent for daily use. ZenReptiles and Clarkrw3 are two of the respected members, in addition to myself, who do not suggest using it daily. I believe Ferrestinshoes (a vet) also chooses not to use it daily, and many others.
I myself use it about weekly and I think its good for that (I would not use it daily as suggested on the label)

Last edited:
I wasn't actually having a problem with rapashy.The problem I was having was that one of my ambanja's had lost his color.All my other chams were fine with no problems.I have used repashy since day one and he will be 2 next month.All my chams eat the same and I had done nothing different with him.It was totally driving me nuts & ended up making 5 different vet trips & each & every time he checked out ok.I had questioned my vet concerning the repashy & even took in the bag.Long story short,after bloodwork he still checked out fine.So all in all there is nothing wrong with using repashy & I still use it to this day.It's a wonderful product for me & each person has their own method
Hope this clears up your questions

Last edited:
thanx

Appreciate definitive answers. I guess the positive in this, would be less 'shake and bake' work and less $ towards supplements. Again, thank you.

So when I get my panther chameleon believe i intend to use repashy for supplements, havent owned a reptile in a few years and forgot about supplements, which products (as well as additional) do i need to be set.

Sorry if it was mentioned and i didnt comprehend i'm pretty tired. thanks for the help

You can us the calcium plus once a week or so alongside pure calcium on other feeds.

The problem with it was the fact that it stated it could be used daily on practically any species. Personally I feel if there was not any issues they would not have made a lower and higher vitamin version.

I still use it almost every dusting, but I don't dust every day, and Repashy has a new formula; Calcium Plus LoD to address the potency concerns.

Chams get sick and die, regardless what sup you use.

Owners read a comment somewhere about Repashy "killing" someone's chams,
and they think; 'oh yeah, I use that stuff, and one of my chams DID die last year.. conclusion (logical fallacy) Repashy must have killed my cham too!!

If you over-dust your feeders so they look like baby marsh mellows, may see a problem!! but if U R gutloading them properly, and giving the chams some sun time, no need to
dust every day.

Last edited:
so repashy plus low d once a week or so, and a pure calcium with no d most feedings (repashy supercal no d?). is that about right on what i need, do i need a multivitamin or anything else?

Back
Top Bottom