Repashy calcium plus vs seperate supplements

And there enlies the problem.

Yes, I have spent a reasonable amount of time reading through threads in the Health Clinic and have gone to the last page to work my way forward. Yes, I've read quite a few blogs and the external links they take me too. And yes I have learned A LOT!! However, with my grand (almost) three months experience I'm still a chamidiot!

I think that this knowledge will come with time so long as my fervour for learning doesn't disappear (I doubt it!).

I love the idea of a fluid schedule. All life is fluid (we ourselves are 90% water :)). We are trying to tailor our feeding, gutloading & supplementation schedules and so far as we can make out things are going ok so far (largely in part to the advice given on this forum). We just hope that as we're learning nothing bad happens to our baby girl.

I don't want the easy option. I want the right one.

Sandra, Olimpia - I really appreciate your advice. Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

Also, thank you Clark. I will look up Dr Alfonso and get reading some more.

Just ordered some green banana roaches (since she didnt like the dubs) and some butterworms to try :). Man, is variety difficult here!!!

....I mean some of what you say about performed vit A flies against what many of the most knowledgeable chameleon people in the world think including doctors.

really? Like what? (maybe PM me so we dont derail the thread)
I like to think I present a very balanced approach and advice towards moderation. I have never told anyone not to use preformed vitamin A, for example.

Hello I am blackened gf.

I think we have our answer, repashy chameleon calci plus in the mail!

EDIT: I have to add that I do not believe repashy is for people who want to shirk scheduling responsibilities. It's for open minded people who are constantly looking to improve on old methods and learn new things. IMO all good chameleon keepers have this open minded quality :)

I also have tried to keep an open mind and now agree with you totally. My wife had a cham last year that she followed the basic rotation schedule. The cham died, for whatever reason, with the best of care. Now with my cham, we are using Repashy supplements and are very happy with their performance and our cham's conditon up to now. Kammers has repeatedly endorsed these products and as breeders have been both supportive of, and instrumental in development of, Repashy's product line. I have read many of their endorsements and that sold me! IMHO;)

Often times the real experts on here are the mostly silent members, who don't say much very often but when they do it's worth listening to. ;)

i would comment but i'm being silent.

KIDDING!!

imo, there have been excellent products on the market for years as supplements, Miner-All, Reptivite, Herptivite, etc. and i used all of them without any issues.

but after reading Allen Repashy's articles on the WHY and the HOW of his reformulation of supplements, trading some emails with him regarding our beliefs on chameleon nutrition, and then trying them myself, i have switched to exclusive use of Repashy products. as far as i'm concerned, they are essentially the "next generation" of where supplementation will be going and are the first really exciting products to hit the market in probably twenty years. and i would not be one bit surprised if some of the older brands may come out with "New Formulas!" based on what Allen has done.

HOWEVER, i am also on a fluid shedule much like what Olimpia described. as i'm always changing up my feeders (including wild caught) and adding various this or that to my roach or superworm box, i may decide to use a bit more or less D3, calcium, or vitamins on any given day. for me it's just a gut-instinct of knowing who has been eating what lately and how much of it, feeders and chameleons alike. it's not uncommon for me to be out there with different duster bottles for different lizards on the same day.

but i also realize it is ridiculous to think that the older, more established products are "no good anymore". of course they are! but in my particular world and my breeding, Repashy gives me what i believe is better for my cham's health and more flexibility based on whatever else i may be changing that is also related; lighting, temperature, different feeders et al. so for me, when i get my website up and running i will have a banner that says something to the effect of "Proudly and exclusively using Repashy supplements". because i am!

Thank you, Dr O! I appreciate you taking some time away from silence :D.

I did read Allen Repashy's retort on the thread I linked to in post no.2. He has a good argument from what I can make of it.

Your endorsement sways me that little bit further! Thanks again for your input.

Thank you, Dr O! I appreciate you taking some time away from silence :D.

I did read Allen Repashy's retort on the thread I linked to in post no.2. He has a good argument from what I can make of it.

Your endorsement sways me that little bit further! Thanks again for your input.

he has a lot of information and theory on the net since i've read quite a bit of it. here's one link that's pertinent to this thread, but there's more to be found.

http://www.store.repashy.com/calcium-and-d-3.html

he has a lot of information and theory on the net since i've read quite a bit of it. here's one link that's pertinent to this thread, but there's more to be found.

http://www.store.repashy.com/calcium-and-d-3.html

Thank you very much again, Dr O! I found that a very interesting read.

Do you know if any scientific trials have been undertaken using chameleons?

I'd be interested to know the opinions of anyone else who reads this link.

Thank you very much again, Dr O! I found that a very interesting read.

Do you know if any scientific trials have been undertaken using chameleons?

I'd be interested to know the opinions of anyone else who reads this link.

Yes, I have read this and other blogs by Allen Repashy. I think one important point he makes is that today's methods of formulation (primarily micro-encapsulation) does maintain individual vitamin integrity and overall shelf life longevity. Mostly, I appreciate Allen's transparency and willingness to take us into his reasoning for the products he develops. I trust him from what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom