Repairing torn screen

techmikef

I was finishing up my enclosure and zip tieing everything together and wouldnt you know it I poke a half dollar sized hole in the screen on the top of the cage. What is the best way to repair torn screen?

You could hot glue or silicone a patch of screen over the hole. It's not pretty, but if it's at the top of the cage, it might not be too visible. I like clear silicone since it is stronger and stays a little flexible. Hot glue is certainly easier and cures faster.

If you are working with aluminum screen, I would double fold the edges of the patch and flatten them down really well to avoid sharp edges.

If it is the common screen type cage you will need to purchase screen from a local hardware store (aluminum is best) a roller and exactly knife.then rescreen it just like you would a window screen.im sure you an find a visual aid to rescreening on line that would describe the process.

If it is the common screen type cage you will need to purchase screen from a local hardware store (aluminum is best) a roller and exactly knife.then rescreen it just like you would a window screen.im sure you an find a visual aid to rescreening on line that would describe the process.

Unfortunatly its not. Its the DIYcages enclosure and you cant take the screen out of those as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom