Related chams

barbara

I have been looking for a female to breed with my male red bar ambanja, I have been in touch with the breeder I got her from and he says he has some but they have the same father, is this too closely related to breed them?

If you want to breed your Ambanja do yourself a favour and find an unrelated female.I don't know if this is your first breeding project or not.If it is do your research,its not rocket science to breed panthers but you still have to care for the eggs/neonates.If you have raised a few a few clutches then you should know that it's not a good idea to inbred.If you do it right you will be rewarded with alot of babies,and a good portion of the males will carry that red bar characteristic.

Being the owner of a (most likely) inbred female veiled, all I can say is it would be a terrible idea to inbreed these animals. They experience many health problems that make their quality of life much less than saving up and purchasing an unrelated animal. The vet costs associated with such animals are also high, and it is overall a very sad situation. If you wouldn't do it with your sister, I don't recommend doing that with your animals :)

I had this concasation with somebody on here the other day, somebody I no breed related pairs and the offspring died within 8 weeks and some where born with abnormal limbs and bumbs around the eye and ankle area, not a nice site and very unfair on the clutch

I have been looking for a female to breed with my male red bar ambanja, I have been in touch with the breeder I got her from and he says he has some but they have the same father, is this too closely related to breed them?

inbreeding happens, but in nature any bad consequences are quickly dealt with (they die). You should avoid inbreeding. ambanja are popular enough that you should be able to find a different breeder easily enough

Back
Top Bottom