Reddit /r/chameleons

nobrate

I don't know how many of you guys frequent reddit but I stumbled across this subreddit a while ago, enjoyed it for all the picture posts and such. I've noticed though there are some users on there claiming to be "experts" and I've seen different advice such as telling people you can keep jacksons the same as veilds, you can gutload with dog food, and that panthers are as hard to keep as mellers chameleons. On top of that they are discouraging users to even visit or use this site as a resource. So if any of you happen to go on reddit, add /r/chameleons I'd hate to see people get incorrect info and have terrible husbandry due to these "experts" advice.

I don't know how many of you guys frequent reddit but I stumbled across this subreddit a while ago, enjoyed it for all the picture posts and such. I've noticed though there are some users on there claiming to be "experts" and I've seen different advice such as telling people you can keep jacksons the same as veilds, you can gutload with dog food, and that panthers are as hard to keep as mellers chameleons. On top of that they are discouraging users to even visit or use this site as a resource. So if any of you happen to go on reddit, add /r/chameleons I'd hate to see people get incorrect info and have terrible husbandry due to these "experts" advice.

Hello, I am Reddit.com/u/dodadatheidiot

I'm the one who supported you in the argument on /r/chameleons

Flip69 and garythecoconut (if I'm incorrect, someone correct me) both frequent the forum (the mods of /r/chameleons)

I somewhat agree with your opinion.

Here there is much more activity, many more cham 'professionals' (including Olimpia and Chris anderson, even Jannb and sandrachameleon who you can't and won't find on /r/chameleons) that will always be willing to help with short notice.

In /r/chameleons, people take HOURS maybe even days to respond, and even then sometimes don't give right advice.

I love found and found out about that sub a few weeks ago. I did see that post about discouraging people to go here which I thought was dumb. It's pretty slow though and I only go there for the pictures. Maybe I'll try to start posting in the advice threads to help out or point people here.

I love found and found out about that sub a few weeks ago. I did see that post about discouraging people to go here which I thought was dumb. It's pretty slow though and I only go there for the pictures. Maybe I'll try to start posting in the advice threads to help out or point people here.

That is my point.

People in /r/chameleons take days and hours to respond. And there are fewer resources there.

Whereas here, you have the caresheets, blogs, gallery (full of anatomy pics from Dr. O and other members you can easily access) and just a ton more members willing to help.

There are so many more advantages to coming here vs. just posting pics of your sick chameleon and being ignored by people who only care about the cute chameleons on /r/chameleons.

People here actually care. /r/chameleons needs more traffic and more professionals.

Hello, I am Reddit.com/u/dodadatheidiot

I'm the one who supported you in the argument on /r/chameleons

Flip69 and garythecoconut (if I'm incorrect, someone correct me) both frequent the forum (the mods of /r/chameleons)

I somewhat agree with your opinion.

Here there is much more activity, many more cham 'professionals' (including Olimpia and Chris anderson, even Jannb and sandrachameleon who you can't and won't find on /r/chameleons) that will always be willing to help with short notice.

In /r/chameleons, people take HOURS maybe even days to respond, and even then sometimes don't give right advice.

Hey man, I appreciate it! I thought it was just so bizarre that someone would discourage people from learning about this place. You can't find any better info on the internet than right here. Since I've learned so much here I feel I owe it to future chameleon owners to show them this place.

Hey man, I appreciate it! I thought it was just so bizarre that someone would discourage people from learning about this place. You can't find any better info on the internet than right here. Since I've learned so much here I feel I owe it to future chameleon owners to show them this place.

I know. When flip first commented to me to stop spreading the word about cham forums, I was deeply confused.

Yeah I can understand how they want their sub to have traffic, but trying to keep people from going to this place is bizarre, especially when the health of a chameleon is at stake. Not to mention this website is probably on the front page of every chameleon search on google.

Back
Top Bottom