Reddish dots

jahdino

Hi guys.

Archie my Jacksonii just laid this down on a plant after many mealworms and a few wax worms the past couple days. I hadn’t given him any waxworms in a long time and recently probably gave him more than needed. I know there a treat to use sparingly . Could this be why this urate looks so awful to to it not digesting? Or are these reddish orange dots parasite??? Has anyone seen anything like this?

I’ve been hydrating him as much as I can . He did have an orange reddish ish urate about 2 weeks ago but after intensely hydrating him it Went back to normal.

I think this time definitely calls for a vet visit but it’s been hard to reach my Massachusetts Reptile vet.

Please let me know any information or opinions.

I really appreciate all of you guys and this community.

Attachments

• 0B72C3BF-14B7-4090-9265-ED67D2D82B2E.jpeg
    0B72C3BF-14B7-4090-9265-ED67D2D82B2E.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 74
Hi guys.

Archie my Jacksonii just laid this down on a plant after many mealworms and a few wax worms the past couple days. I hadn’t given him any waxworms in a long time and recently probably gave him more than needed. I know there a treat to use sparingly . Could this be why this urate looks so awful to to it not digesting? Or are these reddish orange dots parasite??? Has anyone seen anything like this?

I’ve been hydrating him as much as I can . He did have an orange reddish ish urate about 2 weeks ago but after intensely hydrating him it Went back to normal.

I think this time definitely calls for a vet visit but it’s been hard to reach my Massachusetts Reptile vet.

Meal worms really should not be fed... they are high in chitin and low nutritional source.

Have you ever done a husbandry form for it to be reviewed?

Yes thank you I filled one out. I have since replaced the uvb and added a dripper and like I said have hydrated a bunch. He was on a lot of crickets last week but since I’ve been out the past couple days have been just giving him a few worms

@Beman...husbandry form...
https://www.chamele[QUOTE="Beman, p...nforums.com/threads/bloody-stool-help.179247/
Hi guys.

Yes thank you I filled one out. I have since replaced the uvb and added a dripper and like I said have hydrated a bunch. He was on a lot of crickets last week but since I’ve been out the past couple days have been just giving him a few worms
Something is not right and he really should have seen a reptile vet after the last issue... There really is very little we can say or do to help. Husbandry has to be on point for them or they suffer.

I am totally aware. I have been giving him hours of care daily and as much research and effort as possible with gutloading and misting. He really has seemed fine aside from these droppings. The vet has been very hard to get in contact with but I’m gonna try a new one today.

Thanks

Something is not right and he really should have seen a reptile vet after the last issue... There really is very little we can say or do to help. Husbandry has to be on point for them or they suffer.

Sorry but I don't understand what difference there is between being in or out as regards to diet if you have a deep feeding cup you can put the appropriate feeder in their . Have you had a fecal done I'm pretty sure this could be put in a zip bag with moist paper towel and sent to vet or lab. I'm pretty sure someone on here can recommend a vet in your area. There are vets and vets. My main vet for my dogs knows nothing. (They think they know ?)

Back
Top Bottom