bloody stool help

jahdino

Hey guys. I noticed this bloody stool in my jacksons cage today. I did feed him two large superworms today and im wondering if that could have something to do with it? he has been eating heavily the past few days. Please let me know what I should do and if a vet visit is necessary.

Thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_5121.jpeg
    IMG_5121.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5122.jpeg
    IMG_5122.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 75
Hi welcome jahdino firstly have you filled out a husbandry form as this would be a good help for you and your cham and for members to help

Sorry me adding a screenshot of care sheet (not sure if you can click on it to go to link) me's s$#t ?

You see its funny as right hand side is light in colour like urate. Not dark poo/ green ?
Hey guys. I noticed this bloody stool in my jacksons cage today. I did feed him two large superworms today and im wondering if that could have something to do with it? he has been eating heavily the past few days. Please let me know what I should do and if a vet visit is necessary.

Thanks so much
Could you provide so pics of your boy as it might be helpful

Further to my last,

horns can certainly account for the runny nature of the feces, but the colour is..um...just wild. Please collect the poop and book a vet appointment.

It looks more orange than red on my screen. Might be more of a urate or supplement thing but definitely wouldn't mess around if you see any more like it. Intestinal infections or parasites are a possibility with blood in the stool.

Thanks so much
Hi can you fill out a husbandry form ASAP to help matters .

sorry for the late delay
Your Chameleon - ~ 6 months
• Handling - depends. like to take him out of cage on plant in sunroom to get sun as much as possible especially as winter is coming
• Feeding - I have been using flukers liquid vitamins and liquid calcium to gut load. Mainly crickets and worms , 2 large super worms the other day prior to the red
• Watering - Need to get a new dripper but have been using my lizard mister to mist as much as possible with the occasional shower
• Fecal Description - has not been tested for parasites . Was a lil orange one time In the past which I thought was due to dehydration
• History - Petco Jackson’s. .
Cage Info:

The cage that comes in the classic “Chameleon kit”. Been trying to upgrad

• Lighting - just upgraded uvb to 65 watts for winter as well as standard uva that came with kit. Lights are not in the beam but in the light rack that came along with the kit

• Temperature - 65-75. At night when it’s been getting colder I have a ceramic heater
• Humidity - Humidity is closely monitored with repti fogger and cold mist humidifier
• Plants - unfortunately no live plants

• Location - Massachusetts
Current Problem - Bright red Bloody stool in pictures ^^^
Hi can you fill out a husbandry form ASAP to help matters .

Hi thanks the thing about the chameleon hobby is we are always learning. what the pet shops sell isn't always right firstly you want to change your uvb to a t5ho linear like reptisun 5%or arcadia 6% and have a separate light for basking like a 40/60 watt incandescent the compact uvb isn't suitable for a cham . Imo I would skip the supers for the mean time. I will leave the flukes for someone is i am not familiar but I will link gutload sheet. I was also panicking recently about night temps but if they are not dropping below 50 you should be fine and species benefit from a nice drop so you shouldnt need a ceramic. What are your day night humidity levels.

Attachments

• 20201116_152630.jpg
    20201116_152630.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 46
sorry for the late delay
Your Chameleon - ~ 6 months Have you had it 6 months or is it 6 months old?
• Handling - depends. like to take him out of cage on plant in sunroom to get sun as much as possible especially as winter is coming Is the sun coming through glass or screen?
• Feeding - I have been using flukers liquid vitamins and liquid calcium to gut load. Mainly crickets and worms , 2 large super worms the other day prior to the red. Can you post a photo of the containers for the supplements...front and back please?
• Watering - Need to get a new dripper but have been using my lizard mister to mist as much as possible with the occasional shower The dripper would be a good addition. It can be a simple solo cup or deli cup with a tiny hole in the bottom so it drips at the rate of one or two drips per second onto a leaf or branch.
• Fecal Description - has not been tested for parasites . Was a lil orange one time In the past which I thought was due to dehydration
• History - Petco Jackson’s. .
Cage Info:

The cage that comes in the classic “Chameleon kit”. Been trying to upgrad

• Lighting - just upgraded uvb to 65 watts for winter as well as standard uva that came with kit. Lights are not in the beam but in the light rack that came along with the kit UVA or UVB in the kit?
The best UVB light is the long linear tube light 5.0 Reptisun or Arcadia 6. For basking it should be a regular household incandescent light bulb of a wattage that produces the appropriate basking temperature. No lights should be on at night.

• Temperature - 65-75. At night when it’s been getting colder I have a ceramic heater You likely don't need the ceramic heater.
• Humidity - Humidity is closely monitored with repti fogger and cold mist humidifier
• Plants - unfortunately no live plants Live plants are always best IMHO.
• Location - Massachusetts
Current Problem - Bright red Bloody stool in pictures ^^^
IMHO a vet is the best option. If you can take the bloody stool with you that would be good. Can you keep it in the fridge until you get to the vet?

Back
Top Bottom