Red runners vs dubia

I will say that they are both valuable. The truth is that you need to provide as varied diet as possible and both species of roaches are easy to raise. I feed red runners once a week and dubias once a weekas well as other insects on other days.

The dubias are certainly filing but the chameleons really like the quick movements of the red runners.

Again, go with both.

I would do some research on red runners. I decided against them because they can escape and cause infestation. I didn't want to risk it after reading horror stories.

My wife is finally at peace with my dubia colony.. if I brought red runners into the house it'd be a one way trip to the couch. Only way you should do that is if you have a shed or something you plan to keep them in, or some other way they aren't inside your home. I wouldn't bring red runners within 20 feet of my house.

They climb, run, breed, show up to dinner 4 years after eradication.

+1 on that. I used them for a few months. Years later after the coldest winters I remember (last winter was 25 below zero f with windchill) and I still find them under a bag of mulch lying on my gravel driveway this summer, under rocks, etc.

I just feel lucky I never brought them into my home.

Back
Top Bottom