Red Eye TRee Frog

I can't wait to find more babies. Mine was an adult when bought. He pees on me every single time I handle him (which is not often, only to check him out or clean the tank).

Have you figured out how to sex them yet? One has a shorter snout than the other, though for the life of me I can't remember which. lol. Here is a pic of mine when I first got him at Christmas...

3538606875_0057e1c2fa_o.jpg

Yours is a beautiful Green!! All I know is that the females are much larger than the males. Ive never had a frog pee on me..well, not a tree frog.. Hmm.. Did they tell you how old he might be?

I know with most frogs and toads, if they croak/chirp/make other vocal sounds it is male. As far by looking, that I don't know(except females tend to me larger than males). Thats the only way I know that out of the 2 fire belly toads, at least one is male, and out of the 5 whites tree frogs, at least one is male; as I have almost every night or day hear them ribbiting!
BTW your red eye is goregous :0)

I bought him at an LFS so they had no idea how old he/she was. I know the females are larger, but without a male of the same age/size it's impossible to tell. lol

I *almost* got a red eye at the show, but decided I wasn't quite ready. Maybe someday!

How are your pygs, Amanda? I just picked up a trio and I haven't had a pygmy in a year and a half.

I *almost* got a red eye at the show, but decided I wasn't quite ready. Maybe someday!

How are your pygs, Amanda? I just picked up a trio and I haven't had a pygmy in a year and a half.

Yes, then my oldest is a MALE! He makes the chirp here and there.. Yipee.

Pygs are great. Im keeping a close eye on the females as they will lay any day now so Im making sure the plants are adequate and not dried so they can dig and trying to see where they place them but man, with all the foliage, its hard. My eggs are due to hatch at the end of this month and Im excited and hopeful! 5 of the 6 suddenly went form pink and trans to white so Im hoping thats a good thing? They are so much different than bigger chams. I miss the Jacksons but they were just overload for me right now.. The pygs and the frogs are great..i can throw in some crickets, mist good and they are set.. Thanks for asking!!:)

Frogs are awesome.. Through everything I have grown so attached the my big one.. But ya know, I have yet to ever see him eat.. Im assuming he has or he wouldnt have survived a year and the crickets wouldnt be gone..but Id be interested in seeing the process.. I dont know if they have tongues or if they chomp.. Guess I could Youtube it or Google it..Might set up a camera one night. I think the red light from the Roach bin is bugging them though. they sit side by side and I noticed when I have it on at night,the frogs do not move positions in the AM.. so I might have to change it up.

Yes, then my oldest is a MALE! He makes the chirp here and there.. Yipee.

Pygs are great. Im keeping a close eye on the females as they will lay any day now so Im making sure the plants are adequate and not dried so they can dig and trying to see where they place them but man, with all the foliage, its hard. My eggs are due to hatch at the end of this month and Im excited and hopeful! 5 of the 6 suddenly went form pink and trans to white so Im hoping thats a good thing? They are so much different than bigger chams. I miss the Jacksons but they were just overload for me right now.. The pygs and the frogs are great..i can throw in some crickets, mist good and they are set.. Thanks for asking!!:)

Frogs are awesome.. Through everything I have grown so attached the my big one.. But ya know, I have yet to ever see him eat.. Im assuming he has or he wouldnt have survived a year and the crickets wouldnt be gone..but Id be interested in seeing the process.. I dont know if they have tongues or if they chomp.. Guess I could Youtube it or Google it..Might set up a camera one night. I think the red light from the Roach bin is bugging them though. they sit side by side and I noticed when I have it on at night,the frogs do not move positions in the AM.. so I might have to change it up.

When I care for my nocturnal species, I like to use an LED powered headlamp. It keeps my hands free and shows me exactly what I want to see. Maybe you could get one and put a blue or red film over it as to not disturb the animals? It would let you observe them really well.

I'm in the process of setting up my pyg tank right now. Maybe I will post photos when I am done- I have a cute temporary ten gallon set up for them already, but I haven't yet decided what size of tank I will use for the big one. I was thinking my spare 40 gallon would work, but I think that I might want a bigger one, even.

Red-Eyed Tree Frog

PM sent Ciafardo

Glad your order came through but..

I'm new here. My grandson has a green tree frog and wants a red-eyed one. Are they compatible? Please let me know how to contact Chris and where he is located. My grandson lives in Wilmington., DE Also, is there any place in the Wilmington area where they can be purchased in person?--Dave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom