Recommendations for indoor plants

Yeah, I was thinking that. Hmmm. Maybe just fewer rocks to allow the moisture somewhere to go? I think it was because it was right below the fogger and was constantly wet. I moved it to the other side of the cage and it's better now.
Yea foggers suck and make everything gross. Most say not to use them more than an hour at a time

I have a dracaena plant known as the Hawaiaan Sunshine. Its a great plant for hanging in the back corner which is what i did, and I have the water dripper drip onto its huge leaves. Its perfect for chams, because it requires being moist all the time, and misting systems cannot over water it. I highly Highly suggest it

Yea foggers suck and make everything gross. Most say not to use them more than an hour at a time
Sorry to disagree. Be careful what you post here....newbies can get the wrong idea. Foggers do NOT suck if they are managed properly. I used them extensively and doubt I ever had a plant with fuzzy soil. But I cycled it on and off with a lamp timer depending on how dry the room was getting. I think foggers are a very important tool for some climates. Just use window screen on the potting soil surface, make sure your soil isn't saturated all the way through, and let the cage go through drier and wetter cycles.

Oh, one other thing...if the plant that had the fuzzy soil starts to look sick and you end up with a crop of fungus gnats, you may need to repot the plant and get rid of the soil. It may have rotted the plant's roots.

Last edited:
Ok ppl let's try not to get so butt hurt over others (opinions)... now let me rephrase what I said.. foggers are very necessary in situations where they're very necessary. I own several other reptiles that i use Foggers for. however veiled chameleon is not one. Regardless off where u live the proper/best way to provide hydration and humidity for your veiled chameleon is with a misting system that requires zero maintenance and if you still need more humidity put a humidifier in the room with the animal not in the enclosure.. lol hope this is better(y)

Oh my...

Either way, I learned that I shouldn't keep the fogger running for the full 12 hrs the lights are on and have made the alteration to my timer. I'm in MO so it gets rather humid here in the summer. I will for sure have a room humidifier going in the winter.

Thanks y'all! :)

Oh my...

Either way, I learned that I shouldn't keep the fogger running for the full 12 hrs the lights are on and have made the alteration to my timer. I'm in MO so it gets rather humid here in the summer. I will for sure have a room humidifier going in the winter.

Thanks y'all! :)
Do u have a dripper as well?

Yes :) I currently hand mist with a presser/pump sprayer. works fantastically. I spray him really really well in the morning and in the evening a few times.
Oh ok sounds good.. I used one of those for a good while I also used a (big dripper) while I was as work it was like $10 on Amazon and it worked great...I'm going to assume that flooding is currently a possible issue tho?

Oh ok sounds good.. I used one of those for a good while I also used a (big dripper) while I was as work it was like $10 on Amazon and it worked great...I'm going to assume that flooding is currently a possible issue tho?

We took the pvc bottom out totally and set it on top of a window screen. The whole thing is on a wire frame shelf unit with a Tupperware below the cage. it works really great actually!

We took the pvc bottom out totally and set it on top of a window screen. The whole thing is on a wire frame shelf unit with a Tupperware below the cage. it works really great actually!
Oh I see sounds like your ready for a mistking lol

You could add a grow light and really increase the types of plants you can have. That's what I did, I even grow orchids in my setup, as well as pothos, nepenthes, dracena, bromeliads, etc

I cover my soil wwith pieces of sheet moss. I have 7 live plants in my Jackson's enclosure and all of them are doing good.

Golden pothos
Schefflera arbolica (dwarf)
Zebra plant
Jesters Crown Fern
Wandering Jew
Calathea
Neon philodendron

My enclosure is a dragonstrand 2×2×4 clearside enclosure. High humidity. Lots of water .I keep a plant light shining in through the screen side till I get the Arcadia quad .

Back
Top Bottom