Recommend a place for grasshoppers

On this topic, does anyone know if grasshoppers bite have any chance of biting chameleons like crickets do? I’ve been thinking about trying them

Gonna try out SauceGhandi because the guy I've been getting from has had inconsistent sizes lately yet the prices are still the same 🙄. My chams love them feel like I'm getting robbed LOL

I bought some from SauceGhandi but we both are in CA. Very good product, reliable seller and shipper
Thank you!
I wouldn’t worry about them biting but I would definitely be removing the large hind legs before feeding. They have very sharp spines especially on the larger hoppers.
Yep after the adult molt, the spiny tibiae become very hard, so I snip those off before feeding. Should be no issue with nymphs though.
And their grip is incredible with them! I try to keep them off the screen.

@SauceGandhi has always taken care of me when we need hoppers!
Thanks! Yeah this is especially true with adult males, because they use it to grip the female during mating. For those, I usually hand feed so they can't get a good grip, or just put them right in front of my chameleon's face so he can rip them off the branches.

If anyone has someone else to get hoppers from that will ship to Florida please let me know 🙏
I was looking for someone to ship to Florida too. I have gotten some from Khai Phan on Facebook in the Chameleon Groups. They are good! I was just hoping to find someone closer so shipping wasn't so expensive. Did you have any luck?

I was looking for someone to ship to Florida too. I have gotten some from Khai Phan on Facebook in the Chameleon Groups. They are good! I was just hoping to find someone closer so shipping wasn't so expensive. Did you have any luck?
Waiting patiently on this ^^^ haha . Haven't really found anyone else

I'd love to breed my own but I have my hands kinda full right now ;(
Can I buy your locusts 👀 hahahaha
I have got only one Schistocerca colony going right now. I am saving that colony of Schistocerca nitens and they are for my chameleons. When/If I have got more space and room to breed grasshoppers most certainly you could buy from me. That allowing that Florida gives me permits to ship to the state.

My Schistocerca care sheets are for sale.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom