Really good pics of a healthy mouth

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I need some good pics of a healthy mouth. With tongue, back of tongue and trachea cartilage if you can. I think Neptune is a bit inflamed. And I need to make sure before taking him into the vet again.

I need some good pics of a healthy mouth. With tongue, back of tongue and trachea cartilage if you can. I think Neptune is a bit inflamed. And I need to make sure before taking him into the vet again.
Ahhh hello Andee...its Alphakenc ...Its so nice to see u here again...:)
What is wrong with poor Neptune???

Ahhh hello Andee...its Alphakenc ...Its so nice to see u here again...:)
What is wrong with poor Neptune???

He's not been eating for a while, and he's been to vet we did a deworming, vitamin booster, antibiotics, and over all physical. It's been extremely confusing as to why he's not been eating for months (have resorted to force feeding as he lost a lot of weight while he still ate but apparently not enough and then just stopped). We now have warm enough temps again and he's outside again 24/7. He was indoors for I think 4 months and that's when he started going downhill. He won't eat any feeders. Not hornworms, silkworms, flies anything. He isn't blind or having eye issues. Isn't even trying to shoot though and showing no interest in food other than to watch for a few seconds and walk away. He is definitely problem child and hasn't done this with me before though been problematic in other ways.

I have been watching for other issues that may point to something. But my vet is also confused. I am not noticing any problems with poops, he's still drinking and has use of his tongue, it retracts and pushes out when swallowing. I just dunno what his problem is. I can fill out form if needed.

He's not been eating for a while, and he's been to vet we did a deworming, vitamin booster, antibiotics, and over all physical. It's been extremely confusing as to why he's not been eating for months (have resorted to force feeding as he lost a lot of weight while he still ate but apparently not enough and then just stopped). We now have warm enough temps again and he's outside again 24/7. He was indoors for I think 4 months and that's when he started going downhill. He won't eat any feeders. Not hornworms, silkworms, flies anything. He isn't blind or having eye issues. Isn't even trying to shoot though and showing no interest in food other than to watch for a few seconds and walk away. He is definitely problem child and hasn't done this with me before though been problematic in other ways.

I have been watching for other issues that may point to something. But my vet is also confused. I am not noticing any problems with poops, he's still drinking and has use of his tongue, it retracts and pushes out when swallowing. I just dunno what his problem is. I can fill out form if needed.
No need the form Andee...I know u wayback.....have u try to force feeding him..like small chop up pieces feeder??

I am currently feeding him a high calorie premade diet from the vet cause he needs to gain. Every time I force feed whole insects he spits them out. I wonder what pieces would do.... do you think he might be encouraged to eat again if I do pieces instead of the liquid diet. I have never had someone who just refuses to eat for so long with nothing wrong with them that is like obviously wrong.

I am currently feeding him a high calorie premade diet from the vet cause he needs to gain. Every time I force feed whole insects he spits them out. I wonder what pieces would do.... do you think he might be encouraged to eat again if I do pieces instead of the liquid diet. I have never had someone who just refuses to eat for so long with nothing wrong with them that is like obviously wrong.
Start with chopped silkworm first even a tiny piece will help to put food in the stomach.

I got half a large silkworms into in smallish pieces. After that he locked up on me and I had already done his liquid diet for the day so I don't blame him. Hopefully after a couple more days of solid food portions this will encourage eating again especially since he's outside and that's his favorite place to be

I got half a large silkworms into in smallish pieces. After that he locked up on me and I had already done his liquid diet for the day so I don't blame him. Hopefully after a couple more days of solid food portions this will encourage eating again especially since he's outside and that's his favorite place to be
Great idea...the sun ray might pep him up

I’m super sorry to hear your Cham isn’t at its best. How old?
He's about.... 4 years I think now? He was a rescue and I am guessing was about 1-1.5 years if i remember correctly when he arrived. So around 3.5-4 years. He's a veiled. And absolutely beautiful idk if I have a current picture of him. Really should get one. He's currently my only cham. He's a handful... <3 makes up for not having the usually 3-4 I used to. XD sorry for the rambling...

Not high quality but here’s some pics I took of Charlie after panicking that he had a mouth sore (he snuck a bite of soil from a nearby plant).

94F65D2A-D6E0-4387-BA97-5A355D262644.jpeg AF26F18B-F7A4-442D-8251-3BC64F019FB1.jpeg 9380A327-E8C8-4242-A3BC-43D136CC7D1B.jpeg

He's about.... 4 years I think now? He was a rescue and I am guessing was about 1-1.5 years if i remember correctly when he arrived. So around 3.5-4 years. He's a veiled. And absolutely beautiful idk if I have a current picture of him. Really should get one. He's currently my only cham. He's a handful... <3 makes up for not having the usually 3-4 I used to. XD sorry for the rambling...
Hey Andee Why dont u show us some pictures so we can see how beautiful he is...

Back
Top Bottom