Ready to lay eggs?

camille

I've had my veiled for about 8 months now. She was 2-3 months old when I brought her home, so she's about a year old. From my research, I understand that female veileds are ready to lay eggs at about 7-8 months old. I'm concerned because she has yet to do so. She has not been bred. I have provided 4 inches of sand in a tupperware container that is about 5" x 10". She's has been showing intense turqoise colouration for about a week.

Any help?

Just make sure you have a bigger lay box for her when she's ready. If you keep the temps low enough and not feeding her a huge amount of food then she may not ever lay if you're lucky.

I mean she'll never develop eggs and never have to lay them. All the greatness of a female without all the problems! :) What are your basking temps? And how much do you feed?

She eats 12-20 crickets every day, and a few silkworms every few days. Her basking temperature is 90-95 degrees.

Too much and too hot, she'll definately lay with those conditions. Feed her 6-8 large crickets (or equivanlent of) everyother day and make her bask temps drop to about 80-85 and if you're lucky she may not lay.

Back
Top Bottom