Rate my setup

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
I just added a new plant in my bioactive setup today and I wanted to get some opinions.

I also have a couple of things that I am aware of, just so it doesn’t get repeated:

I’m probably going to get a longer uvb bulb because mine only goes 2/3 of the length of the screen.

My tank is only 24” tall, and I heard that this is too short for a cham, and I was told you could make an extension with screen on the top. Do you think this is necessary? Or am I okay without it. I really don’t want to buy a new tank and set it up all over again, so that’s really my only option

It’s also still a bit bare atm, but I am planning on getting some more plants and I am cleaning some branches from outside to put inside soon

As for the plants in the tank right now, I have a golden Pothos cutting and two Philodendron Cordatum cuttings. They are pretty small right now so it might be hard to see. I also have a money tree that I just added today. I have one big fake plant, I know they aren’t recommended with Veileds, but they leaves are about the size of my hand and pretty much impossible for me to rip with my hands, so I don’t think it’ll be an issue.
C5A9C197-950D-4DF1-93B5-C7275AF75F4B.jpeg
image.jpg

Kinda need a chameleon for scale, to see if you need the cage extension. the 4ft cages are nice because you can have a foot of pots at the bottom. But a cham will generally only hang out in a 2ft area, even if the cage is 8ft tall.

Kinda need a chameleon for scale, to see if you need the cage extension. the 4ft cages are nice because you can have a foot of pots at the bottom. But a cham will generally only hang out in a 2ft area, even if the cage is 8ft tall.
Yeah, it’s going to be something I’ll do in the future if it’s necessary. I won’t be in a hurry as I’ll just be getting a little guy.

If you do not have the Animal yet, than that solves the issue kind of.

This cage is not suitable for a Panther, Veiled, or Jacksons. However it is suitable for Smaller chameleon Species, Bush Chameleons. Like Carpet Chameleons, Minor Chameleons, and Lesser Chameleons.

However you mentioned velied. So if your dead set on a Velied, then yes you are 110% going to need to add a screen cage to the top or replace this. Exoterra makes an 18x18x36 screen cage you could put on top. It is not going to look good though.

That Exo is only 24 inches tall, you cannot put a 12 inch SVL Aboreal Animal in 18 inches of Free height. 24 inch tall cages are for Land Lizards, like Dragons or tiny Aboreals.

Back
Top Bottom