Random questions

NatoV

1.) how are chameleons with music?
— before my veiled passed away (was dumb and inexperienced, even with months of research I failed at keeping a very young Cham bought from lllreptiles, since then have updated my enclosure, misting system, and am preparing to start looking again from a different breeder, now back on the question) before my veiled passed, I had him (Jude) in a screened enclosure in my room, with a sheet that I could pull out to divide the room to give him comfort when I’m in my room. Anyway I have a record player and I play classic rock from time to time (probably around two days a week) I have vary large speakers, the kind that shake a room/house when turned up full blast (which I have never gone up even half that with reptiles in my room)
— main question, should I just move my record player and speaker elsewhere? My veiled never seemed bothered by it but although I’ve raised several other reptiles and know quite a lot about them, I do not know much about Cham behavior other than what I’ve read on care.

2.) why had Jude prefer to sleep hanging upside down in his mesh cage? Every night 8:30 like clockwork he’d make his way to the top of the cage just before lights went out and would grip on and sleep there

3.) he was still quite small when he passed, about the size of my hand tail to nose, was very friendly (wouldn’t hold him hardly ever, only to do a deep clean of his enclosure, or once in a while to make sure that while handling him on the rare occasion he wouldn’t bite. But the question is, he hated my pinky finger and I have no idea why, so any thoughts? I could handle him with no trouble as long as I would have my pinky wrapped up, the only thing I can think of is when I first got him my pinky was wrapped because I had sliced it open at work.

4.) although he had his own lights for twelve hours (8:30am to 8:30pm) he would only come out of hiding in the plants I had when I turned on my main light in my room, as soon as I turned them off even if my room was fully lit up by the sun through the windows, he would hid

Welp, that’s what I got. Weird behavior (at least to me) and I’m now just curious, thanks!

As far as music, chams dont have ears so they cant hear like we do. They do feel vibrations though. So as long as you dont turn your music up to the point of causing true vibrations in his surroundings you should be fine.
I have no answers for anything else lol

As far as music, chams dont have ears so they cant hear like we do. They do feel vibrations though. So as long as you dont turn your music up to the point of causing true vibrations in his surroundings you should be fine.
I have no answers for anything else lol
thank you, I actually knew that they can’t really “hear” but I was thinking about the vibrations causing them stress if to much

thank you, I actually knew that they can’t really “hear” but I was thinking about the vibrations causing them stress if to much
It's possible that it could, but as long as you're not constantly blasting your music you should be fine. Just keep an eye on their behavior, itll tell you more than we ever could!

2. I don’t know why he preferred that spot but they tend to find a spot they like to sleep in and go to it every night. This my Cham melon right now. She sleeps there every night. As you can see she has tons of options but nope right there.
F3821F04-5D38-4849-8934-905AAC73A670.jpeg

4. I can’t say for certain why your hid but I have heard that they do better in a brightly lit room which makes sense since outside there isn’t just a light right ontop of you.

2. I don’t know why he preferred that spot but they tend to find a spot they like to sleep in and go to it every night. This my Cham melon right now. She sleeps there every night. As you can see she has tons of options but nope right there.
View attachment 240537

4. I can’t say for certain why your hid but I have heard that they do better in a brightly lit room which makes sense since outside there isn’t just a light right ontop of you.
Makes sense, I new they picked a spot and slept there every night, still can’t fathom as to why, maybe because of the heat still emanating off of the dome

Makes sense, I new they picked a spot and slept there every night, still can’t fathom as to why, maybe because of the heat still emanating off of the dome

Maybe. I think melon sleeps on her door there because there is still natural light coming through for a bit after her lights go out. But she could just go on one of the vines like right there lol.

Knew***** I was tired when I wrote this don’t judge me lol

Back
Top Bottom