Ran out of food and a quick question

ryanbaxter

Ok,

I have ran out of food because my pet shop ran out of crickets and wont get stock in a month soo i need some advice of what to do i have been giving her lettuce she seems to enjoy it as she loves her veg but i don't think this will be good for her any other suggestions for food its a vieled i cant get any other source of alive food except wild flies

Another quick question why does my chameleon stand up when she drinks is this a bad thing or natural

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431264154384.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431264154384.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 207
  • uploadfromtaptalk1431264222167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431264222167.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 148
Ryan where are you located? I am not asking for your address, just a general location. That will help us figure a way to help you.

I buy all my feeder insects online or at reptile shows. I buy 2000 crickers a month from the reptile show and hornworms from lindas gone buggie. Also get roaches every couple months. Online would bethe cheapest route for you if you dont have a reptile show close.

Do you have moths or dragon flies over there?. I catch those for my chameleons a regular basis. Can you get Kale, the dark green leafy vegetable? I have read that they love that. That would be better than feeding regular lettuce. Also, I know they like Strawberries. I do not keep Veilds but others do and I am sure they can give you some suggestions on what fruits and vegetables to try.

You can give a veiled chameleon dandelion greens, kale, endive, collards, slivers of squash, sweet potato, sweet red peppers, zucchini, etc. and a small amount of fruit such as berries, apple, pear, melon.

In a pinch you can also give it baby food from jars.

Concerning standing up when she drinks...how do you give her the water?

Bahrain next to suadi (yemen)

Cockroaches should be easy to find/trap. The problem will be finding cockroaches that haven't been sprayed since it is pretty normal to spray houses every month or so.

There might be grasshoppers/locusts around.

I would think a pet shop would have something like meal worms. Snails from a pet shop might be another option, although parasites could be an issue.

You could catch flies. To catch flies (jokingly called the National Bird of Saudi Arabia), you could just hang some meat and wait with a net. A mister will reflect the light enough that the flies will be temporarily blinded making it fairly easy to catch them.

You could go to places where there is water/swampy areas. Treated sewage water in Saudi Arabia--and I would expect Bahrain to be similar--is just pumped out. The Riyadh "River" is just the outflow of grey water from Riyadh's sewage treatment facilities but was a huge long river, miles long, with lots of life to it and is an important migratory stopover (on their way to winter grounds in Africa) or destination for birds migrating to and from Asia.

If you get really desperate, maybe some small fish like guppies from a pet shop.

Hibiscus would be an option.

Locusts, when available, could be bought in the souqs of Saudi Arabia, but i think they would be far to large for a veiled unless you removed legs and things. You could even feed a scorpion if you removed the stinger. I've seen scorpions for sale in Saudi pet shops with their stingers removed.

I bet a lot of the beans in the stores have bean beetles in them.

Hope that helps.

I had a veiled 10 years back. .... got really bad, wouldn't eat anythingfor a month I live in an area where they use feeder gold fish for fishing. He ate good fish like chameleons eat horn worms. I used it them get him eating again.... just don't say it to loudly, it's somewhat frowned apon. It attracted him because flopping and bright colored. Shhhhhhh.....

You can give a veiled chameleon dandelion greens, kale, endive, collards, slivers of squash, sweet potato, sweet red peppers, zucchini, etc. and a small amount of fruit such as berries, apple, pear, melon.

In a pinch you can also give it baby food from jars.

Concerning standing up when she drinks...how do you give her the water?
With a syringe is this a problem i think its becausr her mouth is full with water

Its likely the way you are giving her water. Try dripping water on the tip of her nose slowly instead of giving her a lot with a syringe.

Back
Top Bottom