Raising the basking light off the screen

jcarlsen

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I'm looking for a solution to raise the basking light off the top of the screen cage without drilling into my wall or ceiling or buying some metal wire rack to go over my cage (don't have space for that). I'd love for there to be some kind of adjustable thing I could secure to the edge of the cage somehow. Anyone done anything like this? I have the standard clamp thing but it doesn't really clamp to the edge of the cage very well.

Super easy, make a Frame out of 3/4 x 3/4 alu angle.

Build like this, to hold your basking light reflector.

Then put some Legs, coming down, 2 on each side, and put an angle that goes around the side of the frame if that makes sense. I will make a guide for this later, its a little hard to explain without photos.

You could build one that will hold all of your lights, and even get fancy and wrap the sides with sheet metal, and paint it black to hide all the lights. Depends how far you can to go with it.

So I'm looking for a solution to raise the basking light off the top of the screen cage without drilling into my wall or ceiling or buying some metal wire rack to go over my cage (don't have space for that). I'd love for there to be some kind of adjustable thing I could secure to the edge of the cage somehow. Anyone done anything like this? I have the standard clamp thing but it doesn't really clamp to the edge of the cage very well.
what I did was glue a 2x1 piece of wood to the corner of the cage using silicon to the back corner of the cage and clamp my heat bulb to it .The piece of wood is about 6 inches long but its thin enough to clamp the heat bulb to it . cheap and easy .. just doest look the best lol

Just wanted to update this with my solution! I bought this: Exo Terra Lamp Holder Bracket for Reptiles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007D1BUJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OqaAEbMHNG0QS

Now this thing had some concerning reviews about the adhesive not working and lights falling, but what I did was drill two holes through the bracket and screwed it into the highest dragon ledge on my enclosure. Hanging the light on there for a few days to make sure it doesn’t go anywhere but I feel pretty good about it!

Attachments

• D5003E65-15AC-4FFD-926D-7817A4C41460.jpeg
    D5003E65-15AC-4FFD-926D-7817A4C41460.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 213
  • ED6A8971-D525-4D3A-BAE8-AC294AC94707.jpeg
    ED6A8971-D525-4D3A-BAE8-AC294AC94707.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 207
Just wanted to update this with my solution! I bought this: Exo Terra Lamp Holder Bracket for Reptiles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007D1BUJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OqaAEbMHNG0QS

Now this thing had some concerning reviews about the adhesive not working and lights falling, but what I did was drill two holes through the bracket and screwed it into the highest dragon ledge on my enclosure. Hanging the light on there for a few days to make sure it doesn’t go anywhere but I feel pretty good about it!

Hi I was wondering what that is holding the uvb light, I would like to get one of those

Back
Top Bottom