Raising and Breeding feeder Crickets

pascal0910

Hello everyone!

I have decided that crickets and food in general cost so FRICKEN MUCH for a Leopard gecko and a veiled, and most of them die so quickly.

I've looked online and researched how to do it, but I just want to make sure it gets done right.

Would some people be able to clarify the steps for me to do it successfully, and once they breed, how to maintain the colony? :D
And if its not too too much to ask, could you attach a picture of the layout of the adult cricket container as well as the hatching one.

THANK A BUNCH

From
me, Pascal, Sandy, and my wallet!

Crickets are easy to breed but the reason people do not have success is because they do not keep the eggs warm. For this reason you will need a heat pad and themostat or rheostat.

I use coco fiber and a 2 liter bottle. I cut the top off the bottle and use a rubber band and glad wrap for the top. With a corn ear holder, I make just a couple of small holes in the plastic. I add some moisture source like a piece of carrot and a small cup of dry food. I had a few males and several females depending on how many crickets I want. if you want a lot make 2 or 3 of these bottles. Give them about a week to lay all the eggs, you will start to see them around the sides of the containers if you've added at least a half dozen females and 2-3 males.

Keep the containers warm with the heat mat and you'll have hatching in two weeks or less. A second heat mat for the growing crickets will also greatly increase the speed at which they grow.

Back
Top Bottom