Rainmaker I Pro System

shrink9

Does anyone have experience with the Rainmaker I Pro System. It is a bit pricey; however, if it would make my chams' lives better, I'd do it. I currently use a drip system utilizing medical feeding bags/tubes (like IV bags) filled with water. Let me know if you have any experience with the Rainmaker products.

Thanks.

I heard great things about Herpmist as well. I just couldnt get in touch with anyone there to discuss my needs (multiple v-mails left). :(

I also heard great things about Pro Mist systems as well and since I could actually talk with a real person from the very first time I called. (ie - 25+ cages, quick disconnects so I can roll cage racks outside for sunning, differing watering needs as I work with several different species), I went with them.

However, if I could've gotten in touch with Herp Mist (as they did a great looking custom job for Tiki Tiki Reptile's by the pics I saw on Herp Mists site), I probably would be swinging the Herp Mist flag now.

I heard great things about Herpmist as well. I just couldnt get in touch with anyone there to discuss my needs (multiple v-mails left). :(

I also heard great things about Pro Mist systems as well and since I could actually talk with a real person from the very first time I called. (ie - 25+ cages, quick disconnects so I can roll cage racks outside for sunning, differing watering needs as I work with several different species), I went with them.

However, if I could've gotten in touch with Herp Mist (as they did a great looking custom job for Tiki Tiki Reptile's by the pics I saw on Herp Mists site), I probably would be swinging the Herp Mist flag now.

How many times did you call Herpmist? I've heard he is very quick to respond. I can't say I like either one better from experience with the actual product. I have built my own system. I have read a lot about both systems and it seems the pump used by Promist isn't listed with UL. This disturbs me.

I called 3 times and left 3 messages. No call backs. :confused:

Pro Mist doesnt have a UL listed pump??????

Hmm, I have to go look at the labels on my pump. That worries me too.

However, when I talked to him he told me of the Zoo's and Federal Agencies that exclusively uses his system.

You made your own system? Would you tell me more about it? I've made just about everything else I use. Maybe we should start another thread as we are a bit off topic???

That would CLEARLY explain it. If one of my children were in the hospital I SURELY wouldnt be focused on ANYTHING else.

I pray that their daughter makes a full recovery.

I called 3 times and left 3 messages. No call backs. :confused:

Pro Mist doesnt have a UL listed pump??????

You made your own system? Would you tell me more about it? I've made just about everything else I use. Maybe we should start another thread as we are a bit off topic???

That sucks they didn't get back to you.

I have read they do not have the UL listing. I can not prove they do not have it because I have not purchased the system. You should let us know if they have a UL number on the pump you have. I could be wrong.

If you would like to start a new thread I wouldn't mind sharing photos. I can link you with my setup thread. It sorta documents the progress of my chameleon keeping. Post 33 is where the misting system comes into play.

I just ran thru that entire thread! That is a sweet system you created. I will start a new thread in a minute a called "DIY Misting Systems"

Does anyone have experience with the Rainmaker I Pro System. It is a bit pricey; however, if it would make my chams' lives better, I'd do it. I currently use a drip system utilizing medical feeding bags/tubes (like IV bags) filled with water. Let me know if you have any experience with the Rainmaker products.

Thanks.
I own a Rainmaker I and have no complaints.

I hear a lot of people like the Herpmist from Herpmist.com.

Edit: His pump is actually UL listed... which means its safer than some other brands.;)

Now, I won't point out whose pumps are not UL certified because I was threatened with a lawsuit (even if it's the truth, you still have to pay to defend your right to say it), so you'll have to do your own research into it. However, you can search for a listing at UL.com. Here's the link for Aquatec's pumps: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3veqhl

Does anyone have experience with the Rainmaker I Pro System. It is a bit pricey;

I've only seen a video of it. You can hear the pump really well in it. :) If you shop around, I'm sure you'll be able to find the best deal on the best gear.

Now, I won't point out whose pumps are not UL certified because I was threatened with a lawsuit (even if it's the truth, you still have to pay to defend your right to say it), so you'll have to do your own research into it. However, you can search for a listing at UL.com. Here's the link for Aquatec's pumps: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3veqhl

I've only seen a video of it. You can hear the pump really well in it. :) If you shop around, I'm sure you'll be able to find the best deal on the best gear.

I am sorry to hear you had been threatened. I am curious to hear back from those with the promist or other systems, I want to know if they have a UL number listed on the pump. I can't imagine companies threatening customers for speaking up about the pump they were sold.

ProMist pumps are UL listed (since they're made by Aquatec).

...and sorry about that SageGhost. I had a lot of voicemails pile up very quickly and thought I had it set to forward everything to my cellphone.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear you had been threatened. I am curious to hear back from those with the promist or other systems, I want to know if they have a UL number listed on the pump. I can't imagine companies threatening customers for speaking up about the pump they were sold.

Typically you won't see a UL number, but you may see the UL symbol. However, I noticed that a lot of times you won't even see the symbol (not sure why). Best is to search the UL database with the company name to see which of their models are UL certified. Like Jason said, Aquatec has all of their pumps UL approved.

I've worked at a couple of places that UL their own products, and within those products there were other UL listed components. We couldn't sell ours without the UL seal of approval and I'm pretty sure those pump manufacturers couldn't sell theirs without it as well. Just because the label isn't there doesn't mean it's not UL approved. It just means the manufacturer was cheap and didn't spring for the labels. I wouldn't worry about one pump being safer than another.

Cheers, Matt

I am not familier with the system in question however I am familier with the pro mist and mist king systems. I prefer the pro mist and here is why. Mist particals should be approx. 50 microns in size. The mist king will produce mist particals in the 5 micron size. This produces a fog type of mist that is too fine and may even be harmful. Chams breath in this fog and water droplets can condense in the lungs. The promist unit produces droplets in the 50 micron range which is more like a drizzel and are to large to be taken into the lungs. Pro mist systems are a work horse and have been a industry standard for some time now. What ever you decide, Keep in mind the 50 micron rule. That is the most important factor to consider. Good luck!

I wouldn't worry about one pump being safer than another.

Cheers, Matt

...with the companies that sell Aquatec pumps. The main reason I didn't sell those "brick" pumps was the long list of requirements to make the final assembly UL compatible.

Bill Sammon said:
The mist king will produce mist particals in the 5 micron size.

That's completely incorrect. It sounds like you had the same conversation with Bob Pound that I had and you misunderstood him. He was referring to those ultrasonic fog "disc" machines. The nozzles that both Marty and I sell produce mist droplets in the 50 micron range.

Back
Top Bottom